Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant copy iTunes playlist to SD card

windows 7 tells me i cant copy the playlist there. I tired copying the playlist to my music library and then the SD card and still get the same error message. Sure hope theres a way to do this. i dont want to use double twist and use internal memory. Also is there any reason why i couldnt load itunes on a SD card? Thanks in advance

Default Re: Cant copy iTunes playlist to SD card

An iTunes playlist isn't a collection of songs. It's just a database of pointers to the actual songs. So even if you copy it, it won't do anything. What error message is Windows giving you?

I'm not sure what you mean by copying iTunes to the SD card? iTunes is an executable program that runs on Windows. Android can't do anything with it.

You don't need any software to copy music to the SD card. Connect the phone to your computer, and drag and drop music folders from your hard disk to a folder in the SD card. Then create whatever playlists you want on the phone.

Unfortunately, if you really want full integration with the Apple ecosystem, including iTunes, you need to stick with iOS devices. Too much of Apple's software is proprietary to enable other companies to provide the same level of integration.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

You can do it - here's how: first get your playlist up in itunes. Next, create a folder on your desktop/wherever with theplaylist name. Select all the songs in itunes and drag them into the folder. Now, export the playlist into the folder too by right-clicking it and selecting 'export'. Now you can drag the whole lot onto your SD card! And it should put al the songs in the playlist order too.
    It's a bit of a hassle, but not too bad. I wish iTunes natively supported android, as I am one of those weirdos who likes it!

I use iSyncr from the playstore.
    Download the app onto your phone, then you also need to install the iSynr program on your desktop from their website.
    Just follow the simple tutorial and it should all go smoothly.

It also has WiFi syncing capability but I have not tried it. I just use USB to sync my iTunes, and it's been working flawlessly so far .

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post
    You can do it - here's how: first get your playlist up in itunes. Next, create a folder on your desktop/wherever with theplaylist name. Select all the songs in itunes and drag them into the folder. Now, export the playlist into the folder too by right-clicking it and selecting 'export'. Now you can drag the whole lot onto your SD card! And it should put al the songs in the playlist order too.
    It's a bit of a hassle, but not too bad. I wish iTunes natively supported android, as I am one of those weirdos who likes it!
    Ok, so say I have like 5 playlists I want to put on my SD card for use within the google music app. If a song appears in more than one of those playlists, and I accordingly make separate folders for each playlist, is that one song going to take up more space because it's duplicated?

Edit: I tested this method with one playlist and am not having any luck. I added all the songs from a particular playlist to a folder. I also exported the playlist itself out of iTunes to this folder, both as a text file and as m3u. I put the folder on the microSD card. While google recognizes the music when set to On Device, it doesn't recognize the playlist. What's the issue?

The only On Device playlist it shows is the crappy one I made on my phone a few weeks back. It's not recognizing the playlist files on the microSD.
    Last edited by tbro4033; 04-27-2013 at 11:38 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I found success using isync but you have to remove DMR or it wont load them onto the SD. Im so ******* DONE with itunes

You're not going to be able to automatically transfer iTunes playlists to SD card. Only option, which might be available, is to create a playlist (smart or otherwise) in iTunes, then select all the musics in the list and drag'n'drop them onto the sd card.

Lightbulb Re: Cant copy iTunes playlist to SD card

Hi itic,

you could use the tool iSyncer, see iSyncer - sync your music the easiest way!

So you have two possibilities:

1. Connect the Micro SD in direct way with your computer and sync the iTunes data to the SD drive.

2. Connect your Android with USB as mass storage and sync the iTunes data to the SD drive.
    Hint for Connection as mass storage:

See instructions at How to connect Android to PC with USB Mass Storage Mode

Regards
    Drive4711

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4711 View Post
    Hint for Connection as mass storage:

See instructions at How to connect Android to PC with USB Mass Storage Mode
    Guess you're not aware that Google removed support for Mass Storage mode back in the ICS -> Jelly Bean time frame? All that remains are PTP and MTP (unless your phone is rooted).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    windows 7 tells me i cant copy the playlist there. I tired transfer iTunes playlist to the Android and still get the same error message. Sure hope theres a way to do this. i dont want to use double twist and use internal memory. Also is there any reason why i couldnt load itunes on a SD card? Thanks in advance
    You can transfer iTunes playlist to the Android mobile phone.
    Frist,use iTools transfer playlist from Apple devices on your PC.
    then,copy playlist to the internal memory in the Android mobile phone.
    It is so simple!