Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What triggers Samsung's default dock app?

Does anyone know what triggers Samsung's default dock app for driving? I've read that connecting a micro USB (with a 619k resistor between pins 4 and 5) will automatically activate it, but that doesn't work on my Galaxy Note II.

Please let me know if you have any answers. Thanks!

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Default Re: What triggers Samsung's default dock app?

Pretty sure its a magnet that triggers it.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejunkie View Post
    Pretty sure its a magnet that triggers it.
    I don't think so. I have an aftermarket cable: Car Aux Audio Output Cable USB Charger Cable for Sam Sung S3 i9300 i9220 I9100 | eBay that triggers car mode, and it's definitely not using a magnet. I have read that it is a resistance, but have no idea what the proper value is.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't think so. I have an aftermarket cable: Car Aux Audio Output Cable USB Charger Cable for Sam Sung S3 i9300 i9220 I9100 | eBay that triggers car mode, and it's definitely not using a magnet. I have read that it is a resistance, but have no idea what the proper value is.

You're right about the resistance. Here is a detailed expose' on the innards of the dock mode and how to hack it into other connections...

DIY docks & hacking docks tripping dock mode & AC charging mode - xda-developers
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Question Re: What triggers Samsung's default dock app?

The micro USB (with a 619k resistor between pins 4 and 5) triggered dock mode for my S3, but it didn't work on a Note II. I've seen videos of it working for the Note II, and certain car mounts claim they work as well. It also didn't work on a Motorola Razr Maxx HD or Droid Razr. Am I missing something here?

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I stand corrected then. In my past experience magnets have always triggered car/dock mode. Guess things change