Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: my play store has stopped working..

Thanks so much...I don't know how it got to be disabled but now you have helped me to figure out my problem!
    Glad I didn't restore to factory settings before reading your post...Thanks again

thank you it really works

thank you so much it really works..

I've tried all of the above with one minor addition to the list, this is the second time with the second phone! A replacment phone and I'm sick of this crap! The first time they told me it was that my phone wasn't compatable with the newest update, so they sent me a replacement which was supposedly to have the correction already, but now it's doing the same thing after only having the phone for 4 weeks! SOMEONE HELP BEFORE I ...... please help.

My play store wasn't working and I tried all suggestions-what worked for me was to hit "reset app preferences". Thanks guys we're back in business.

Christopher,
    If the new phone was working fine for a whole month and now it's acting up I'm more likely to believe that it's a setting rather than anything else. If you're sure that you've tried ALL of the suggestions in this and other similar threads, then the simple way to find out is to perform a Factory Reset: if the phone works correctly after that then you know there was something that you didn't try.

You can try clearing the system cache in Recovery mode but I doubt that's your problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

My play store has stopped working!!

I just purchased a Samsung Note 8, 2 days ago and set it all up and went to play store to download some apps and I can not download anything. I can open up play store without any issue, search for an app, but when I click on the app nothing happens, I keep getting an error message: (RPC:S-5:AEC-0). I also have a Note 2 that is my phone and a Note 10.1 tablet. I set both of these up without any issues and they where working fine until I bought the Note 8. I have tried to open play store on my Note 2 and now it will not open either. I do not know if this is related or my play store had stopped working on my Note 2 before then. The last time I used play store on my Note 2 & 10.1, it worked fine, which was a couple of months ago.

I have tried clearing the play store data & cache , force stop, shutting down the Note 8, restarting, and setting it back to factory default. I keep getting the same error message and the same error message on my Note 2. I have not tried my Note 10.1 since I bought the 8, but I assume it will be the same.

Anyones advice, help, will be deeply appreciated.

http://productforums.google.com/foru...0/Knyl4Tmbwq4J

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: my play store was stoped working..

Hi.....how about my CP my CPname is MYphoneAndroid then the MYSTORE application doesn't work then i have my memory of 2gb....then i dont know how to fix this problem sooo pls.....reply sir...i need your help
    Thanked by:

did a software update and it must have disabled download manager but followed your advice and worked a treat thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    A factory reset should be a last resort, John, not a first step. Spiral and Perv are on the right track.

In Settings / Application manager, scroll all the way to the right, then scroll down until you find downloads. If it is marked as disabled, tap that row, tap the enable button, exit and try the Play store again.

If it's not disabled, or you did the above and it still won't work. scroll down to Google Play store, tap that row, and tap the Clear cache button, then the Force stop button. Exit, and try the play store again. If it still doesn't work, repeat but tap Clear data, then Force stop.

If none of the above works, let us know and we'll try something else.

i've reset my google play store back 2 factory..then i try to download somethng..nothing happen,it just show loadng..please help me

I've done all suggestions and yours worked!!!
    Thanks a lot.

i have a problem in my htc mobile... i do factory reset in my phone... after that play store is not opened in my mobile.. could u please help me

harishv,
    Please read through the previous posts - you are almost certain to find a fix there.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Hi, I've tried all the steps but my play store still cannot work. Please advise. I had the "process-com-google-process-gapps-has-stopped" problem before. Then after I uninstalled all the updates on Google Play Store, I tried the steps recommended and but doesn't work. I don't want to reset the phone yet. Please help. Thx a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skincerity Breathable Masque View Post
    I've tried all the steps
    There are at least seven different possible solutions listed throughout the hundred or so posts in this thread - if you've tried all of them and nothing worked then it's time for Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I purchased galaxy S3 15 days back now though my net is connected via Wi-Fi n whatsapp n wechat works but chrome n play store doesnt work everytym i try to connect dere is a message tat no connections available. plz help plz plz plz

Cool Re: my play store has stopped working..

Thank you! worked. went into my App manager, forced stop, and uninstalled updates/deleted google playstore. I had set up 2-step verification, and my g-mail account was working, but had to verify separately for playstore, which confused me or my phone. haven't been able to watch Youtube for a week! :-P and some other issues. Either way re-downloaded Playstore by clicking on icon still there in my apps menu, and all is good!

Lightbulb Re: my play store was stoped working..

Ooops!~ delete me! nope, okay I will write stuff then... stuff/

Quote Originally Posted by Dkc 25 View Post
    Wow! This one helped me! I can now open my playstore again. Thank you so much!

I have tried to clear data and enable my downloads area I have had all of my technology handy friends look at my phone I even tried downloading it again off of my internet but that didn't work I have cleared the cache disabled it enabled it and it still hasn't work I tried force stop also is my only option to factory reset my phone??????

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried to clear data and enable my downloads area I have had all of my technology handy friends look at my phone I even tried downloading it again off of my internet but that didn't work I have cleared the cache disabled it enabled it and it still hasn't work I tried force stop also is my only option to factory reset my phone??????

It may be the play store because mine isn't working right now either -- it just keeps loading and they times out and says retry. I forced stop and all that jazz. Wait and see if it gets fixed before doing a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by thepervster View Post
    don't factory restore it...try going to your application manager, then scroll to the right to all apps,go to the very bottom and see if downloads is at the bottom. if it is enable it and see if that helps

thanx I was going to go to factory settings glad I didn't now this has helped a lot

Finally something that worked! Thank you
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast