my play store has stopped working..

Pia Jane Almazan

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have a galaxy note 1 and i couldnt open my playstore tried everything you have suggested. reset app download enable google framework cleared etc... but it still did not work. please help. the error msg i got is can't establish a reliable connection to server. this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services.

I am connected to the internet. my wifi connection works perfectly fine. Please help. :( Many thanks!

jioanni

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,please if someone can help....
I by 1 week ago a tablet and download all perfect,but the google play store doesn't open at all. I just trying to open the play store and tells me that the app can open.
I uninstall all the apps like it was at the beginning but its all the same. Notice that all the other apps working well without problem.
What i cane do.
P.S i go to apps-download manager and enable it,but nothing change and clear the cache too...........nothing.
Please help.

booboosmamacita

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much, MamaVescha! My Play store hadn't worked for months. I'd tried a lot of things mentioned in the forum and had pretty much given up. I can't believe it's WORKING!! Thanks again!

Filip Hochmann

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Okay I have - Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace

My google play stopped working - AND I F******* TRIED EVERYTHING - Deleted my google account and added it back . Cleared Google play Catche and even data . I Reseted my phone multiple times
My phone has andrioid 2.3.6 - AND I CANT UPDATE IT dunno why . ITS ROOTED couse i could not even reinstall it last time it fu**ed up . I cant even reset app preferences and cant find where to enlable downloads . And i even restored factory setting even that didnt help still the same problem i click download it showes like its downloading but nothing happens i cant download new apps and even update the old ones . SO IS THERE A WAY how to fix this problem any other solution i didnt try or should I just toss this ******* piece of **** phone off the window and buy a new one .. And Yes im fricking furious ..
BTW when i reseted the factory setting my google play didnt even update it just opened and crashed . I had to mannualy download Latest Google Play Store 4.6.16 / 4.6.17 . APK load it to my phone via usb cable and install it than it worked but still cant download apps .

qtxq0725

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi .. im now using galaxy note 1. I cant open my play store tooo .. even im using other apps .. a message will pop out anytime n it will stop working my current app .. the message is ' your google play store has stopped ' . I dont know wat happen to my phone now ..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I just tried what was said to do
I'm sorry, there are almost two hundred posts prior to yours, many with varied suggestions on things to try. Have you tried them all?
If not, which specific one did you try?
When did the problem start?

Basically you haven't provided enough information for us to go on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

mightydollar

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that was rooted. I used Odin to revert to stock and then took all the OTA updates. After that process my phone was working great. After a few days I started having signal issues and I called Verizon. The did something to my SIM card and from that moment on my Google Play Store has said "No Connection." My signal is great, just this error remains.

I have tried all of the suggestions I could find.

Remove Google Account
Delete etc/hosts file
Manipulate etc/hosts file, #
Uninstall updates from Play Store and Play Services
Delete Cache from Play Store and Play Services
Airplane mode on and off.
Factory Restore
I even used Odin to restore the phone.

Nothing is working. Can you think of anything I may have missed?

Thanks for your help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They did something to my SIM card and from that moment on my Google Play Store has said "No Connection." My signal is great, just this error remains.
Your cellular signal is great, or your Mobile data signal (as measured by something like SignalCheck Lite http://market.android.com/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite) is great? If the latter, are you able to use other apps to access the Internet?

What happens if you use Wi-Fi - do you have the same problem with the Google Play Store?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

mightydollar

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Your cellular signal is great, or your Mobile data signal (as measured by something like SignalCheck Lite is great? If the latter, are you able to use other apps to access the Internet?

What happens if you use Wi-Fi - do you have the same problem with the Google Play Store?

Both calls and mobile date are working fine. I am able to use the internet and make calls with no problems. I can use apps to access the internet. The only problem I am having is with Google Services, in particular, Hangouts and The Play Store. Other Google stuff works fine. Gmail, Drive, Maps, etc.

Thanks for the help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Delete etc/hosts file
Manipulate etc/hosts file, #
Hmm - bad things happened to me when I messed with the hosts file. What does yours look like now?
127.0.0.1 localhost

You didn't mention if the behavior is any different on Wi-Fi.

I can't imagine what they did to your SIM card that would cause this; did you ask them?

mightydollar

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm - bad things happened to me when I messed with the hosts file. What does yours look like now?
127.0.0.1 localhost

You didn't mention if the behavior is any different on Wi-Fi.

I can't imagine what they did to your SIM card that would cause this; did you ask them?

Host file looks like this... 127.0.0.1 localhost and the beahvior is the same on wifi... They said they updated my PRL.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
the behavior is the same on wifi.
They said they updated my PRL.
Well, updating the Preferred Roaming List should have absolutely no effect on what happens when you're on Wi-Fi. Since it doesn't work on Wi-Fi there's something else going on here.

Do you turn Mobile data off when you're on Wi-Fi? If not, give it a whack and see what happens.

It almost sounds like something weird is going on with DNS services. You could try switching to a static IP address and hardcoding the primary and secondary DNS servers and see what happens (8.8.8.8 rings a bell, but just Google it).

mightydollar

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, updating the Preferred Roaming List should have absolutely no effect on what happens when you're on Wi-Fi. Since it doesn't work on Wi-Fi there's something else going on here.

Do you turn Mobile data off when you're on Wi-Fi? If not, give it a whack and see what happens.

It almost sounds like something weird is going on with DNS services. You could try switching to a static IP address and hardcoding the primary and secondary DNS servers and see what happens (8.8.8.8 rings a bell, but just Google it).

Thanks for your suggestions. I downloaded an app called SETDNS and changed my DNS settings to google 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4, I then connected the wifi and turned off mobile data. Still no luck.

mubashira salam

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: my play store was stoped working..

A factory reset should be a last resort, John, not a first step. Spiral and Perv are on the right track.

In Settings / Application manager, scroll all the way to the right, then scroll down until you find downloads. If it is marked as disabled, tap that row, tap the enable button, exit and try the Play store again.

If it's not disabled, or you did the above and it still won't work. scroll down to Google Play store, tap that row, and tap the Clear cache button, then the Force stop button. Exit, and try the play store again. If it still doesn't work, repeat but tap Clear data, then Force stop.

If none of the above works, let us know and we'll try something else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay