my play store has stopped working..

johngreener

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: my play store was stoped working..

restore to factory status is the best way to slove this problem. back up contact photo any other personal information first

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

don't factory restore it...try going to your application manager, then scroll to the right to all apps,go to the very bottom and see if downloads is at the bottom. if it is enable it and see if that helps

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

A factory reset should be a last resort, John, not a first step. Spiral and Perv are on the right track.

In Settings / Application manager, scroll all the way to the right, then scroll down until you find downloads. If it is marked as disabled, tap that row, tap the enable button, exit and try the Play store again.

If it's not disabled, or you did the above and it still won't work. scroll down to Google Play store, tap that row, and tap the Clear cache button, then the Force stop button. Exit, and try the play store again. If it still doesn't work, repeat but tap Clear data, then Force stop.

If none of the above works, let us know and we'll try something else.

Jermy Andal

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Yesss!!!it works...thank you for giving me a information to put back my play store ..its working now!!!yrah!!!

Kevin Le1

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same problem with the playstore and my chrome . I'm unable to download on chrome and my play store just crashes. I'm currently running jellybean 4.2.2 on nexus 4 . I've done all the steps still no luck . PLEASE HELP ME

AmorBavian

May 2, 2013
Visit site

For me nothing has worked. Have tried all of the above plus a few more things. I am suspecting that the problem appeared after the store got the new look - which to me is not an improvement anyway...

Galaxy S3 with all the newest updates...

Monna Zapata

May 4, 2013
Visit site

im using galaxy s3 and my play store application doesnt worked too. i also tried all the suggestions above but still didnt worked pls help i cant enjoy n some apps that needs update. thank u

itzel01234

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Its still not working I don't know what I did ?I really need help PLEASE help meee ! D:
Ihave an android 4.0 I thiink ?:'(

gcaver2

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Go into settings-scroll to ACCOUNTS- click on Google- long press gmail account-remove account-. Back out and go into settings again-scroll down to ACCOUNTS - go down to ADD ACCOUNT and put the same gmail account back in. It will sync itself and then you can use the play store again.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
Gcaver2

lauranari

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

You there, you seem to know what you're doing.
I just bought a Galaxy S3 and the Google Play store isn't working. Specifically, every time I open it it tries to load.. and then never does. I've already tried clearing the cache, force stopping, clearing data, force stopping again etc. And it is still not working. I want to cry. Can you help?
Thank you.
PS I should clarify that everything else internet-related works (chrome, apps that use the internet, etc)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

lauranari,
Assuming that you've tried all of the previous suggestions, you can also try thisuploadfromtaptalk1370792368185.jpgfrom any Home screen, press the Menu button, select "Application manager", press the Menu button again and choose "Reset app preferences".

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

leo arjun

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi.i am using a samsung galaxy s4 I brought it a week ago.
I dont know how but all the apps on my mobile keep getting updated on their own.
How to stop this also when my iron man game was getting updatted I forced stoped it. A warning said force stop can cause errors . I did not pay any heed. After that my phone I feel is slower and play store will not open. When I click play store it closes on a second and I am back on my home screen . Again and again it says com.google....... and a box says play store has stopped working.pleeease help.