How to fix tethering problem?

Kairos1189

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello there im using klink tether on my Samsung galaxy s3 and when I use it to connect my computer to the Internet my service provider which is cricket blocks it. Is there anyway to bypass this? Sometimes I would work but at times it pops back up. I'm paying for unlimited 3G service. The message that pops up says that your service does not have the tether feature to have it please pay $10 extra a month. So please if anybody has found a way please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
All the providers charge extra for tethering, and their terms of service specifically exclude tethering from their "unlimited" plans. Partly it's to make more money, but it's also to discourage people from downloading huge HD movies or using their phones to connect to Bit Torrent and other peer networks and saturating the networks, which can't provide the same capacity as wired networks.

I'm not familiar with Cricket, so I'm not sure what might or might not work. If you search 'tether' in the Play store you'll see quite a few apps, some WiFi based and some that use BlueTooth or USB to connect. Many of them are free, or at least have free trials, so you might want to try some of them to see if they'll get around the problem. The carriers have tried to crack down on this, though. On Sprint, I don't think it's possible to tether for free any more unless you're rooted.

Kairos1189

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've tried many of them all give me the same results it works for mabe 5 minutes then the cricket message pops up.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the only solution then, if this is really important, is to root your phone. And honestly, since I'm not familiar with cricket, I can't guarantee that would work. I can't help with rooting the cricket version, except to say this:

Be absolutely 100% positive the procedure and files you use are intended for the cricket version of the phone. Using the wrong procedure can cause very serious problems.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the only solution then, if this is really important, is to root your phone. And honestly, since I'm not familiar with cricket, I can't guarantee that would work. I can't help with rooting the cricket version, except to say this:

Be absolutely 100% positive the procedure and files you use are intended for the cricket version of the phone. Using the wrong procedure can cause very serious problems.

This.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Kairos1189

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm all ready rooted that's why I asked about how to fix the tethering issue. Because once rooted you have more control over the phone.

gowenl

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the Wife Tether TrevE Mod. It worked for the first day on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, and then it wouldn't. My laptop connects to the S3 just fine, but I get no Internet access. Can anyone help?

Thanks!