1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to speed up S3 boot time?

Upon booting S3 most widgets load slow (2-3 minuts)
    No the phone not freeze or something like that just widgets take time loading
    memory used is about 90% i think.

I could remove some widgets but not sure if i want to do that as i like how they look

But is this normal with slow widgets loading
    should i just reduce some widgets
    how many widgets is it recomended to use

If i add memory card and save widget on SD card will this help memory and speed up phone
    im on Jelly bean

Default Re: How to speed up S3 boot time?

Not to be a cynic, but is it literally 2 minutes for the widgets to load? Whenever I reboot, it will take about 30 seconds, but I can live with that.. Remember, the more widgets you have on screen, the more effort the phone has to put into opening the program that controls the widget.

I think the real question is, why do you feel the need to reboot your device so often that this is bothering u?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

From booting up,unlock screen and widget all load it take 1.05 minute exactly
    to boot up and get to unlock screen it take 30 seconds and from there 35 seconds to load widgets
    too much?

What bother me a bit is the weather widget (beautiful weather) take so long to load
    while Clima weather load instantly
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I think the real question is, why do you feel the need to reboot your device so often that this is bothering u?
    sometimes on jellybean gothemes from playstore not work or freeze device so i have to reboot (have to request APK file to get those to work)
    some night i also turn off the phone completely
    but i see that the problem should not be that big

If i just could give priority to the weather widget atleast to load faster somehow

Still trying to find out why the Clima widget load instantly while beautiful weather slow like other widgets
    Last edited by xenomesh; 04-25-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

It could just be your phone, they are all manufactured differently and have slight variations in hardware.

Touchwiz sucks up a lot of ram however, and when we get the 4.2.1 or 2 upgrade it will only suck up more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

I remember how long my BlackBerry would take to reboot, I'm OK with the insanely short boot time of the S3.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmig View Post
    I remember how long my BlackBerry would take to reboot, I'm OK with the insanely short boot time of the S3.
    Yep. Just came to the s3 from years with BlackBerries. I can actually stand to turn this phone off when I need it to. I almost never turned off my BlackBerry because the boot time was freaking epic-length.

Quote Originally Posted by The WheelMan View Post
    Yep. Just came to the s3 from years with BlackBerries. I can actually stand to turn this phone off when I need it to. I almost never turned off my BlackBerry because the boot time was freaking epic-length.
    The palm pre load time was super long as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I can't remember the last time I actually turned my phone off, other than to swap a battery (and that's pretty rare, too).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3