Seemed to have bought a fake

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
250+ 100% positive

Damn! Either he didn't know it was fake either (possible but not likely), he faked the positive feedback somehow, or this is the first time he tried scamming someone. Maybe he built a great rep with legitimate sales so he could then start selling fake phones.

I will say this, though. I'd scanned eBay a lot before, and even after, I bought my phone. The $175 price really was a red flag, because the phone is still selling for much more than that. Only broken phones are anywhere close to that price, and a lot of them are selling for more than that too.

Edit:

Found this video on YouTube showing a fake Galaxy SIII that although white, looks very similar to your fake phone.

Last edited:

pgking

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup, that crazy cheap price tag should be a red flag to anyone. When making any expensive purchases on eBay, I would recommend doing a bit of research on the seller (feedback, location, website etc.), the item you are buying, the average price it is selling for (refine search, select completed listings), and what you should be expecting for your money. Shopping on eBay is generally fairly safe, if you use common sense, however rogue listings & sellers do occasionally make it on to the site, so be cautious. Like others have said, it is definitely worth contacting eBay and explaining the situation as I believe they have procedures in place to deal with this type of occurrence, however, not having ever found myself in the position you seem to be in, I can't say for sure whether you will get your money back. Best of luck with it anyway!
p.s. have just seen the video you posted, and I can tell you, as others have already, that what you have bought is 100% fake, I have seen very similar knock off iPhones being sold to unwary tourists for 150? in Europe. They have extremely basic functionality, if any at all, and certainly no iOS installed. Unfortunately, yours looks to be exactly the same, and is quite clearly not an Android OS!

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have absolutely no sympathy for people who let their greed override whatever common sense they may have. Remember this saying "If the price is to good to be true then it is too good to be true."

rberry88

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Post the listing to make others aware of the sales pitch. It is a fake and I would definitely file a complaint to get your money back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've seen fake Galaxy S3's... but this is the crappiest fake I've ever seen... lol

There are other fake phones out there that aren't made by Samsung but atleast they work well... this is just.. sad... lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781