[Updated} Galaxy S3 and Torque App - CM10.1 Works

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have been having an issue with my S3 running custom rom, Torque app and ELM327 Bluetooth
*First off, my Nexus 7 running Paranoid Android 3.15 is perfect.

I can connect to bluetooth but Torque app does not recognize the device
1) S3 running Task650 Rom doesn't work,
2) I factory reset S3 back to stock running 4.1.2 and WORKS PERFECT.(no root access)
3) Because I dislike touchwiz I decided to run PA 3.15 same as tablet but the same issue.

Is it the phone or custom rom or app?

The app does have one setting for customer rom but doesn't seem to do the trick.
Torque>setting>general preferences>force bluetooth connection type>
3 options: 1) off (default) 2)Force Encrypted Connections 3)Forced Unencrypted Connections

*force bluetooth connection type description
Leave this set to "off" unless you are running a Custom Rom(CM/AOKP/ETC) and are hacing connection problems - it is a workaround for buggy android bluetooth driver and custom rom.

I need your help please.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 and Torque App

I'm not familiar with either the app nor the ROMs you've tried, so I can't really help there. But if the only reason for running a custom ROM is to get rid of TouchWiz, there are much easier ways. Check out Nova Launcher, Apex, and Go Launcher to start.

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 and Torque App

I'm not familiar with either the app nor the ROMs you've tried, so I can't really help there. But if the only reason for running a custom ROM is to get rid of TouchWiz, there are much easier ways. Check out Nova Launcher, Apex, and Go Launcher to start.

I hate Launcher... getting raid of Touchwiz is not the only reason.

Thanks Tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair