google app store on Samsung galaxy s3 not working

Kayleigh Hayden

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
for some reason the google app store has stoped working on my phone when I tap on iy it flikers for a second then goes off has any one got any ideas how to fix it plz:'(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
for some reason the google app store has stoped working on my phone when I tap on iy it flikers for a second then goes off has any one got any ideas how to fix it plz:'(

Hello kayleigh welcome to Android Central.

Try this settings> application manager> all> google play store> clear data. Then try to reopen the app

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

PsLoveMaggy

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
HI! i was having the same problem and i found the solution :) hope this helps you as much as it helped me!

Scenario: I?m wondering if you could help me solve an annoying problem I have with my Samsung Galaxy S3 play store server. It?s been a couple of months now since I tried to access Google play store server with my phone but I keep getting a server error message. Usually, the message prompted on a grey screen.

I can?t remember a time that I?d changed anything on my GS3 phone settings that?s why I?m wondering how I got this error.

In an attempt to get this problem resolved with my own, I tried to clear the cache, restarted my phone and then uninstalled the updates. But still, it didn?t work out. I also contacted the tech support and all they told me to do was the same thing I did, clearing the cache and rebooting the phone. Appreciate if you have any workarounds for this one.
Solution:
Follow these steps to fix this problem:

1. On your Galaxy S3 menu, go to Settings, then select Apps, then All, and finally Google Play Store.

2. Under Google Play Store, press the Clear Data option and then Force Stop.

3. Go back to Settings again, and then Apps, then select All, and then locate Google services framework from the sorted list. In case you cannot find Google Services Framework from the sorted list, try to scroll right to the bottom of the list. Sometimes, this item is disabled. If it is disabled, you need to enable it first, so you can proceed to the next step.

4. Under Google Services Framework, clear data and then Force stop.

5. Go back to Settings, then Apps, and then All.

6. From the All menu, locate and select Download Manager and the select Clear Data.
After doing all the aforementioned procedures, turn off your Galaxy S3 phone for about 60 seconds and then turn it back on. Try to access Google Play Store this time and it should be working fine. If by all means, the above given solution won?t solve your problem, please contact the Support Team again so your issue will be escalated to the appropriate support team.

Good luck! ( How to Solve Google Play Store Server Error on Samsung Galaxy S3)

Jennifer Tapia

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 has the play store app and it wont work I click the app and it flickers and this has been going on for a couple of months and I want to download a game.

elinash93

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
You can also check under settings, app manager, under the all tab scroll to the bottom. If you see "download manager" there, tap on it and click "enable".

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Rami Dab

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same problem, im trying to fix it by going through your steps, but i cant seem to find download manager... Also my phone is ridiculously slow because it keeps trying to use google apps. It started because i was on a holiday and the wifi signal was very weak and google apps was trying to update al my apps, and while trying, it started crashing. I thought it would be over when i got a normal wifi signal but now my whole phone is f....up. :(

Rami Dab

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Forget it, i finaly fixed it, i did it 3 times over, i was about to throw my phone in the garbage :p And it was called just download on my phone not download manager.

Thx for all the intel!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's actually called "Downloads"uploadfromtaptalk1377289561627.jpgToo bad the original posters were just taking a SWAG at the name rather than looking at what is actually shown - probably would have saved you some grief.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Tonda Thomas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!! i HAVE BEEN ON PHONE WITH TECH SUPPORT FOR TWO DAYS AND I AM SO GLAD I DID A :)GOOGLE AND FOUND THIS!!! THANK YOU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781