FB, Spotify and Gmail PWs not working on Galaxy SIII Help?!

jrenoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. :)

I have a Galaxy SIII - GT-19300, Android 4.1.2. It's running on AT&T through the Straight Talk MVNO.

I love the phone and have been using it with Facebook, Spotify, Pandora, Gmail, etc. with no problems. However, about a week ago three of my apps passwords stopped working - Spotify, Facebook and Gmail will not log in. I can log onto Spotify, Gmail and Facebook just fine on a desktop, and even Facebok on a the mobile browser. Other apps on the phone like Pandora and Good, etc. continue to work just fine. I have tried the following.
- I cleared the cache and the data for all the apps
- I did a hard cache wipe
- I changed the passwords for all three apps from my desktop
- I uninstalled all the apps and reinstalled
- I tried to log in on WiFi

Nothing has worked so far!! :mad:

Any help is immensely appreciated!

Jerry

sergeantandroid

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Typically the answer is typos, but it sounds like you're pretty familiar with your phone. One thing to remember about gmail is that two step authentication can cause authentication errors with the gmail app.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Also of note when you enter the user name and password the first letter will always be upper case with the Samsung keyboard. If your login name or password starts with a letter that is lower case make sure to put the keyboard in lower case.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Facebook or Spotify so I can't comment on those, but after entering the password (correctly) for Gmail the first time, I'm never prompted for it again when I check (at least, using the Gmail app).
Which keyboard are you using? Are you sure that the autocorrect feature of the keyboard isn't changing what you're typing?
If I didn't know better, I'd think that your accounts had been hacked.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2