Samsung Galaxy S3 Tips & Tricks: Boost Battery Lifespan

gorwani12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great device, however just as with any other handset the battery life can be an issue. So with this in mind you may wish to follow these tips and tricks to help you get the most of your battery life.

Stop push email and you can save your battery life. Instead of having your mail pushed you can check for it at a set period of time. The longer you leave the interval gaps, the more battery life you will save.

Try to keep your Samsung Galaxy S3 on charge whenever possible and never let the device run down to the point where it turns off. By doing this it will affect your battery health over the longterm.

Your live wallpaper might look great but it does drain your battery. So turn this off and have static wallpaper instead. You might want to have a dark one, which is also better for battery life when it comes to AMOLED screens such as the one on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Turn down your brightness to as low as you cans stand or choose the auto brightness setting to save even more battery life.

Turn off 3G, GPS, location services, Bluetooth and mobile hotspot to save battery, when you don?t use these.

You should also un-install apps that you don?t use and this will make sure that they do not run in the background. Keep any apps that you do want to use up to date on your Samsung Galaxy S3.

Source: Sidhtech

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So basically if you want to save battery, don't use your phone?

I personally always hate these methods for increasing battery life, by decreasing usage. People have a removable battery cover for a reason and should utilize it and get an extended battery

Just my opinion

My name is Soundtrack to Chaos, and I have a fetish for external chargers, big batteries, power outlets and extension cords... I need help

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great device, however just as with any other handset the battery life can be an issue. So with this in mind you may wish to follow these tips and tricks to help you get the most of your battery life.

Stop push email and you can save your battery life. Instead of having your mail pushed you can check for it at a set period of time. The longer you leave the interval gaps, the more battery life you will save.
Actually push uses less battery than pop.

Try to keep your Samsung Galaxy S3 on charge whenever possible and never let the device run down to the point where it turns off. By doing this it will affect your battery health over the longterm.

Your live wallpaper might look great but it does drain your battery. So turn this off and have static wallpaper instead. You might want to have a dark one, which is also better for battery life when it comes to AMOLED screens such as the one on the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Live Wallpapers only use battery while being viewed. If screen is off or you use another app which hides the screen it is not using battery.

Turn down your brightness to as low as you cans stand or choose the auto brightness setting to save even more battery life.
Using Auto can use more battery than just setting a level brightness.

Turn off 3G, GPS, location services, Bluetooth and mobile hotspot to save battery, when you don?t use these.
GPS is only running when called for by a program. Turning off is just personal preference.

You should also un-install apps that you don?t use and this will make sure that they do not run in the background. Keep any apps that you do want to use up to date on your Samsung Galaxy S3.

Source: Sidhtech

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: How To Save Battery Of Android

There are following tips and tricks to save battery of android phone. For detail visit the following link.
Jamhoney Technology Entertainers: How To Save Battery of Android Phone

Well there's some misinformation there, too, I'm afraid. Closing apps manually, as you suggest, is no different than using a task killer to do it. Most programs "running" in the background are in an inactive state, and use no battery at all.

And while it's true that not listening to music, and not playing games, will increase your battery life, that's why many people bought a smart phone, so it kind of defeats the purpose. If you really need a phone to go 3 or 4 days on a battery, buy one of these:

samsung-flip-phones.jpg

If you want a smartphone, get used to charging it every day.

Bananna123

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So my problem is not so much how to boost power but how to keep it from draining. They may seem to be the same but it's more frustrating then anything. I just got the s3 and it's my first smartphone so I probably just don't know much. During the day when I use it I only leave wifi on cause I don't have much data. In fact I turn off all data, gps and syncing, and background data usage on most apps. During the day it's fine but for random nights it would go from 100% to 15% overnight.... Even after I thought I turned off all apps. But it didn't do it every night just enough nights to make it very annoying to wake up to the beep that it's down to 15%. so I was wondering if any knows what the problem may be or what is the culprit. Thanks!

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Or do as I do and many others. Let it charge during the night while you sleep and then you have a full battery to start the day. I use mine as a bedside clock and alarm also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair