Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Henrik Poulsen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One Click Root

Hello! Has anyone used the One Click Root Software? One Click Root | Android Rooting Software
    I want to root my phone with the option of un-rooting if I need to. The website looks great but I am totally new to this stuff. I guess I want to make sure it is safe and really works before I try it for myself. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Default Re: One Click Root

Which variant of the S3 do you own. There is a warning that it will not work on the SGH-I535 from Verizon. I have not use this software so really do not know. Also reading some of the comments it does not work with 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 OS. Use Caution.
    This is the S3 page>>How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 | One Click Root

I'm not familiar with this approach either, although I know some people on the forums have used it. The FAQ says it only works with OS version up to 4.02, so if you're on Jellybean forget it.

My biggest concern is that it's a black box. I don't know what it does, or what changes it makes to the device. Will it retain root if you later update to a new version of the OS? Don't know. Does it retain the stock recovery or install something like CWM or TWRP? Don't know.

Let us know what version of the S3 you have, and we can point you to solid instructions.

Also, why do you want to root? What benefits do you expect to get? I strongly urge you to read through the rooting forum here on A|C for you specific version of the device, and understand what's going on, and what the risks are. Especially if you're thinking about using a custom ROM, you really want to understand what you're doing, and not just blindly jump in. Flashing the wrong ROM can completely brick your phone, turning it into an expensive door stop.

I agree. Stick with a well respected/reliable source for your rooting and hacking information and tools used.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It is the SGH-I747

That's the AT&T version, right? In that case, I recommend this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...nt-forums.html

It's the same procedure I used on my Sprint GS3, and it's straightforward and reliable. I suggest you read all the instructions carefully, then read the entire thread, before beginning. If you have any questions, ask before you start.

I find this tempting to use also, as everything else I've tried so far has failed for one reason or another. Mine is an SPH-L710. Framaroot (no exploit has worked) and a while back I think it was Heimdall which I tried it with (linux PC as well.) I should have made a log of what I tried and why it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by free90x View Post
    I find this tempting to use also
    Why do you want to root your phone? What problem are you trying to solve?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I joined this forum to ask about one click root, as I'm also finding it tempting. I currently have a ZTE Majesty, which, according to my Google skills, seems to be unrootable. One click root claims that it can root this device, but I don't really want to use it if it is widely known to be unsafe. Before you even ask, my main purpose for rooting is to remove bloatware, and to install apps to SD. I may wish to do a very mild over clock, but not a lot. The performance of this phone is doable. My main gripe is storage capacity. I had a rather nice HTC, which did not survive a motorcycle accident, and I purchased this for use with my carrier hastily, from my hospital room, as I needed a phone asap. The specs looked manageable for the price, I like the large screen size, and I figured that after removing bloatware, and installing app to SD, storage would not be an issue. Sadly, I can't seem to get root, and since I'm just now returning to work after a 5 month absence, a new phone is not in the budget.

ZTE Majesty? This is a Samsung Galaxy S3 forum.

Towelroot did root my phone not too long ago, but a very recent update un-rooted it.
    I just want to be able to customize it as much as I want. I want to stop apps from auto-starting and from re-starting.
    The ability to record the screen is nice also.
    After I downloaded towelroot again and tried running it, it said this phone is currently not supported. My PC had a version of Linux so a one click method is preferred more.

Is there any one click root method around today, that was as reputable as Towelroot? I miss being able to block apps from restarting, screen recording, I'd want to un-bloat the SPH-L710 , etc.

I just used One Click Root. It cost me 30$ cnd after everything. The auto didn't work so I clicked contact support. He asked me why I wanted to root it, risk of bricking and warranty void and seemed skeptical of my desire to root. No contract, bought outright & wifi doesn't work so I have no worries if it breakes on my part.

It was a busy Saturday night (no surprise) so I said I would try again sunday morning after checked back 1h & 2h sat night & tech support still being backed up with orders but it didn't matter as the phone has been broken for a while so no rush. They had me install TeamViewer and give the id & pw. The tech support guy connected and we whizzed through it in 10-15 min. A few times he asked me to tell him what was seen on the phone and select options & bam! all done and fully rooted.

If you have to contact customer support: install teamviewer, backup all your sd card files & export your contacts first.

The customer support guys seemed like they had a bit of attitude (eg. Ok....well bla bla & a lot of .... which i thought was odd) but I can imagine they deal with a lot of garbage and banter from ppl that don't understand phones so it must get frustrating. The tech support guy was extremely chipper and really easy to understand and type to esp at 8 am on a sunday.

Does one click root work with lg4 Verizon 5.1

Do yourself a favor and stay away.
    They do not support the latest and greatest (lollipop) 8 months after it's out. So, it does not work for me period. I do not know who does not update their phone to the latest, so I wonder who it ever works for...

They say that you get a refund in 7 business days. At 12 business days, after contacting them the 3rd time they told me the refund has just been issued and will take up to 7 days to reflect on my account.
    1 star.

i tried to use one click root but the software could not root my device. when i tried requesting my money back they kept on saying it has been sent to my Paypal account. you cannot trust these guys. this is my personal experience. Its been over 3 months now and they still have not refunded me. I had an account but for some reason i no longer have an account with them. i think they are in for your money but not to do the work they claim they do.

Quote Originally Posted by free90x View Post
    Is there any one click root method around today, that was as reputable as Towelroot? I miss being able to block apps from restarting, screen recording, I'd want to un-bloat the SPH-L710 , etc.

Thumbs down Re: One Click Root

There is absolutely not a bit OneClick about this app.
    First you need to install the app...after downloading it from a non market source and going into settings and allowing installing apps from unknown sources after which you can run the app (you are way past 20 clicks at this stage)...by the time you start the app you find that it will instruct you how to download a rootkit and connect the phone to pc and update the phone via adb and odin.

Total scam.
    JWJWJW likes this.

they bricked my lg g3. new. dont. not trusted. wont work. trust in person support if it goes bad you get new phone. im in a battle with them

I have a lg g3 paperweight now after another rooted and rom. Donttttttttttttttttttt do ittttttttttttttttttttttttt,

Read my posts,be warned.

This is a SCAM FOR SURE! Just downloaded this software for my S5 stupidly paid money thru paypal went thru long procedure to expose phone to make root possible, entered all build numbers. Then it wouldn't root. had message contact with helpful operator to make sure settings were correct... then put onto 'techy' guy who then wants total access to your pc. I quit at that point.
    Yes, maybe I am getting old but the scam is very elaborate, involving sending passwords to yr mail account. I encountered this embedded in x-plore file manager as an option to 'root with one click'. I deleted and reloaded the otherwise excellent x-plore and the tag had disappeared. didn't scan as a virus on AVG. make sure you delete the .apk file if you've downloaded it.