Facebook messenger as default SMS app...having issues

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey so is anybody using Facebook Messenger as their default SMS app now? I really like the chat heads feature and the general look of the App instead of the default texting app or any of the others I've tried from the Play Store.

FM seems to be really slow about downloading new text messages sometimes. I use MightyText to sync my texts with my computer and tablet and most of the time the texts appear on the computer or tablet before my phone gets them. When this happens and the app is lagging, any text messages i try to send will fail and it won't tell me until i restart the phone. Maybe MightyText is screwing it up? I have no clue. The weirdest thing is other times FM will work flawlessly for a few hours...but then it screws itself and starts this nonsense again.

i can't imagine i'm the only person having these issues...but the app has insanely positive reviews all over the internet. I turned off notifications on the default messaging app. When i try to open that app to see if the texts are being downloaded there it freezes and lags horribly.

stock up to date Galaxy S3 on Verizon...no root.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Mighty text does that once every blue moon, I haven't had that issue in months, but I've seen it before

As far as the Facebook stuff goes, better off just using the stock messaging app for now to see if anything changes, so u will know what's causing it

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

Lee Graham

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
This may not answer your question but I was having a similar issue, I had somehow set my phones default text messaging service to facebook messenger and couldnt seem to change it.
Here is what you do.
Settings - Applications manager - All - Facebook messenger. Hit the clear defaults button.
The next time you try to send a message it will offer you the opportunity to select a new default, just select regular messenger and it will stay that way from now on. I'm not sure FB is ready to handle the text message system just yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1