Phone going into notification screen when in a call

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to stop the phone from minimizing and going into the notification screen? I find this very annoying. When using the phone I'd like it to stay in the phone app.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does it do this when you're using the speakerphone or just when you have the phone held next to your head?
If the latter, does the screen stay on while you're talking/listening (you may want someone else to check) or does it go off/black (which is what it should be doing, until you move it away from your head)? If the former, then it sounds like something is interfering with the proximity sensor, and then you brush against the screen and the phone app gets minimized. You may want to check your screen protector or case to be sure they're not intruding on the proximity sensor.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
With the phone next to my head. I have the proximity sensor off, when I move it away from my head it stays black, until I push the menu button, then the screen comes up and the call is minimized in the notification screen.

Does it do this when you're using the speakerphone or just when you have the phone held next to your head?
If the latter, does the screen stay on while you're talking/listening (you may want someone else to check) or does it go off/black (which is what it should be doing, until you move it away from your head)? If the former, then it sounds like something is interfering with the proximity sensor, and then you brush against the screen and the phone app gets minimized. You may want to check your screen protector or case to be sure they're not intruding on the proximity sensor.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

I will try to get a screen capture and post it.

What do you mean by the notification screen? Can you post a screen capture?

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Turning off the proximity settings seems to have helped this. The screen still backs out, and the phone still goes to the notification area but pushing the menu key brings it back. Thanks to all for their replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781