Can't find any apns that work for my S3

CorrineyBear

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Apparently I must be the only person in the world having this problem, because I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer to my problem. I have posted on here before with no help. I'm hoping I can get some answers here. I'm using an at&t factory unlocked galaxy s3 on straight talk and ever since I upgraded my phone to 4.1 I cannot get mobile data. I know I haven't gone over my limit since I rarely use it. But without it I can't send or receive mms. I cannot find any apn settings that work for me. I have tried the default one from straight talk to ones "the ultimate apn" with no luck. This is so frustrating. If anyone can help me, PLEASE do not hesitate to. I need this fixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

CorrineyBear

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is what's in there right now. It doesn't work though. I can't find anything that works.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368816558903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368816558903.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368816570087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368816570087.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 17

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Try these
This is what I use on my Galaxy s3 Straight Talk At&t sim
Name
Straight Talk ATT
APN
att.mvno
Proxy
not set
Port
not set
username
not set
Password
not set
Server
not set
MMSC
http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy
MMS Port
MCC
MNC
Authentication type
PAP or CHAP
APN type
default,supl,mms,hipri
APN prtocol
IPv4
APN roaming protocol
IPv4
APN enable/disable this should be lighter and already checked.you shouldn't be able to alter it
Bearer
unspecified
using these settings I am getting 5.5 dn and 1.25 up

CorrineyBear

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried it and it didn't work. Whenever I put in a new apn I turn off my wifi. Turn my phone for a few minutes and the turn it back on. When I try to use my browser it tells me my wifi and mobile data is turned off. My data isn't turned off. I check every time. I've even tried putting it in airplane mode for a little while and it still doesn't work.

Charlieanne

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi CorrineyBear, have you resolved this yet?

I am having the same problem! I cannot connect to my data at all. I have tried adding new apns but nothing works. I just did a "reset apns to default", which did not work and now I cannot not add new apns either! Like I press menu, select new apn, fill in all the fields and press save, but the new apn is no where to be found! And the default apn is wrong, but I cannot edit it!

I'm in England and I'm using a factory unlocked S3 on orange/ee so I think this issue is with either android or samsung, and like you I can find no one else with this problem!

Charlieanne

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My imei is still there.

From what I've read I think my phones default APN is wrong. The MNC field is 33, but all recent APNs for Orange/EE I've found have the MNC as 30. But I cannot edit the default APN or delete it, I cannot add a new APN with a different MNC to the default - It just won't save it. I don't know if the MNC field being wrong is the cause but the rest of the APN fields are correct (same as other APNs I've found).

I'm running android 4.1.2 so I cannot download an APN manager app to change the default APN either. I think I might have to bite the bullet and do a factory reset which I didn't want to do as my phone also takes an absolute age to back up! If that doesn't work I have been advised to root it, but as I have no idea what I'm doing I do not want to do that either.

CorrineyBear

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what an imei number is. And no, I haven't resolved this. I can't find a solution anywhere. I also ha e been told that I should try rooting but I'm too afraid I will brick it. I can't afford a new phone.

CorrineyBear

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I found my imei number. It's still there. And I also checked my mobile network state and it constantly says connecting...but never does.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante