Pushing home button from sleep mode

Peachy313

May 16, 2013
Visit site
When my phone is off, I usually wake it up by pushing the home button and all it did was turn on the screen and I would be returned to the Internet browser, or messaging or whatever I had open. But now for some reason , it turns on the screen and takes me to the home screen no matter what app was open. How do I change it back?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought they changed the Home button behavior between ICS and Jelly Bean? It used to just wake the phone up, but now it actually takes you to the main Home screen, regardless of where you were when the phone went to sleep.
So I just use the power button instead.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

KCPhil

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I'd like to find out how to turn off that function entirely. My phone is constantly waking itself up. I'll be walking along and hear the noise it makes whenever a 'button' is pushed on-screen. It took me a while to figure out that it wakes up when the Home button is pushed, which evidently happens quite a bit. I'd rather it wake up only when I push the power button on the side. I have a Galaxy S4 Active, btw.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not aware of any way to prevent the home button from turning the phone on. Using a flip case would prevent the button from being pressed in your pocket, though.