foolishly flashed CM 10.1 without a data wipe/factory reset

neowills

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
I was so stupid that I flashed CM10.1 and accidentally pressed the reboot item without doing a data wipe/factory reset
Now I am stuck at a bootloop
I cannot boot into recovery and download mode
I pull the battery and now i can just boot into download mode
I wish I could boot into recovery mode instead.. But it stuck at bootloop again... and I just luckily booted into download mode
I am not sure if I could get into recovery (I have a backup) - I think if i can get into recovery I will be fine
But now I am in download mode and dont know what to do.
Any help would be appreciated... THANKS!

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I always forget to wipe/data reset and usually you can boot right back into recovery and wipe it.
But if you can not then put it in download mode and flash it with odin. Then repeat your root, recovery, and rom process. Just remember to wipe it the second time around. ;)

neowills

May 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your reply... I am in download mode now. which file should I flash?
I also noticed that my PC does not recognize my phone but when I open Odin it said "Added!"
Also which version of Odin should I use in this case? does it matter?

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You will want to use odin 3.07.
As far as what to flash that really is up to you and depends on what exact model of S3 you have. I'd recommend a stock rom+root.

neowills

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I found on xda : xda-developers
I am from Macau and my phone is bought in Macau (So i think the international version suit me?)
The problem is in Odin my COM port 3 is blue... does it mater?
I want to know if this xda guide is fine for my case
A BIG THANK!!

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Find the model number of your device, its under the battery, and find a tutorial on how to revert to stock.
Do NOT flash anything without knowing exactly what you're doing. Do your research!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure you flashed the right version of CM for your exact model of phone? All S3's are not the same.

If you can boot into download, you should be able to boot into recovery. Make sure the phone is OFF, then hold volume UP, home and power until the Samsung logo appears. The instant the logo appears release all three buttons. If you release the buttons a little bit too soon or too late it won't work, so power off and try again.

Once you get into recovery, wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset. You should be OK after that if the version of CM is correct for your phone.