1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Straight talk problems ( MMS ) GS3

I recently purchased the straight talk bundle for the GS3. Everything is working okay except the MMS messaging.

I believe it goes though the sprint network ( says LTE-S on the packaging - CDMA)

Does anybody know how to get the MMS working or have had this problem.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Default Re: Straight talk problems ( MMS ) GS3

Well, I have neither Straight Talk nor Sprint, but MMS usually requires a mobile data connection (not WiFi, and not just a cellular signal). So if you have that enabled and can verify that it's working, MMS should be functional.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

just as an FYI for anybody having this problem. The network is down in my area, this is why it wasn't working ( Spent an Hour on the phone with Straight talk this morning). I'll keep updating until i get this fixed. If i can't get it fixed, I'll just end up returning it soon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Was on the phone for another hour and a half today. I got the data to work by switching it over solely to CDMA. The picture messaging still is not working. The guy i talked to today basically told me that I can try again tomorrow, and if it does not work, i can get a replacement phone. I'm pretty mad about this, as I've wasted a lot of time dealing with an issue that seems so simple.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Still couldn't come to a resolution. Returning the phone when i get a new one next week.

For anybody looking to go the straight talk route, watch out with this phone. It's a great phone, but if you value sending picture messages, i would stay away.

That's really sad to hear since I just bought the same phone on Tuesday. I had another Sprint-powered android w/Straight Talk and there was never an issue w/mms or anything else for that matter. Hopefully, someone else will see this and post their POSITIVE experience.

Btw-Does anyone have or know how to root this phone? Just wondering if the root method for the regular Sprint model would work? Anyone with info please post! Thanks!

I've got the same issue here. Any updates? Did you both send your phones back?

i have the gs3 i can send pic texts to other phones i can even send a pic text from my phone back to my phone. but when people try sending me pic texts i cant get them. ive been talking with straight talk 3 times and they tell me that when i send a pic text from my phone back to my phone and i get it then theres nothing wrong with it, well then y cant i receive them from other phones?