Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Soundtrack to Chaos
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    I've had my S3 for about a month. I really don't understand why Samsung would put such ugly text messaging on this beauty. If it had the style of the galaxy nexus messaging, it would be almost perfect.

    (I've been using go sms for a while so I can emoji it up with my iphone friends. So it really doesn't matter to me.)

    I'm not complaining, I'm just baffled. Every time I see a stranger with a newer Samsung phone texting with the native app, I want to guide them (gently) to go sms or handcent.
    theblowersdaughter.com
  2. #2  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    Alot of the manufacturers seem to ugly up the messaging apps. I hated the template on my Samsung Sidekick 4g. The HTC droid DNA messaging app isnt too bad compared to most I've used. Glad you've found a substitute you are happy with! I personally found it too hard to use a third party messaging app, I could never tolerate having unread messages in my stock app, even when I was not receiving notifications for them .
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    htc native messaging app is the only one I've seen yet where you can pinch and zoom on the fly.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by femme View Post
    I've had my S3 for about a month. I really don't understand why Samsung would put such ugly text messaging on this beauty. If it had the style of the galaxy nexus messaging, it would be almost perfect.

    (I've been using go sms for a while so I can emoji it up with my iphone friends. So it really doesn't matter to me.)

    I'm not complaining, I'm just baffled. Every time I see a stranger with a newer Samsung phone texting with the native app, I want to guide them (gently) to go sms or handcent.
    I feel the same way when I see people with the stock launcher and lockscreen

    Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    nyry likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I feel the same way when I see people with the stock launcher and lockscreen
    Which lock screen do you use?
    theblowersdaughter.com
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Alot of the manufacturers seem to ugly up the messaging apps. I hated the template on my Samsung Sidekick 4g. The HTC droid DNA messaging app isnt too bad compared to most I've used. Glad you've found a substitute you are happy with! I personally found it too hard to use a third party messaging app, I could never tolerate having unread messages in my stock app, even when I was not receiving notifications for them .
    Ah yeah, I've seen that on my old phones but I don't think the s3 does that. The stock unread messages are synced up with the go sms unread messages so that's a relief. I hate when things run sloppy.
    theblowersdaughter.com
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by femme View Post
    Which lock screen do you use?
    Well currently I don't use one, but when I did, I used go locker or widget locker, and there are a few others that I can't remember, but they had like custom widgets with news on them

    My name is Soundtrack to Chaos, and I have a fetish for external chargers, big batteries, power outlets and extension cords and surge protectors... I need help

Similar Threads

  1. Phone, contacts, messaging icons gone
    By supejohnb in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 08:18 PM
  2. Phone deleting messages
    By got berry in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 08:02 AM
  3. Stock phone and messaging apps
    By doncerda in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM
  4. EL30: Phone | Contacts | Messaging | Home
    By fathom39 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
  5. Phone Erasing messages ?!?
    By bnort5932 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions