backup broken galaxy s3

Divyam Sikroria

May 29, 2013
Visit site
i have a verizon galaxy s3. yesterday its screen is broken and now screen is dead but phone still works. Also i have a pattern password which restrict me to backup the phone through kies because i cant unlock the phone , since screen is dead.
Is their any way to backup the data.
Thankyou.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Try a live Linux CD with a USB cable on your PC and see if it mounts without assistance. I think it will then copy files off. Hopefully google has setting and passwords backed up for you. Good luck

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, without being able to unlock the phone, I don't think there's anything you can do. I doubt that it'll allow you to mount the internal storage without first providing the pattern (I mean, what kind of security would THAT be?).
You MAY be able to install something like Lookout: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout via the Google Play Store website, and then use the Lookout website to backup whatever content it allows. Hopefully you have your contacts & calendar synced with Google, so that shouldn't be an issue. But your SMS/MMS, call logs, app data and potentially anything on the internal storage (camera photos, screenshots, etc) aren't accessible without the pattern.
I can't think of anything else offhand, sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084