S3 Charging problem even after adaptor change

two_two_etti_5

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

My adaptor was loose that hindered me from charging sometimes 3 weeks ago. I also had charging problem which my phone is currently suffering too. The service man said they changed the adaptor and sent my phone back to me. Adaptor was corrected but I've still, "often, if not always" been suffering from disstability in charging.

It significantly differs from the socket my phone is plugged in, so does it from cable and charger. I have no problem about battery while using gs3, I only have when it comes to charging.

I'd be glad if you could help me settle this issue. Thank you.

note: I'm using note 2 battery charger and t-tech charger(a sub-industry one)... I used all combinations charging does not improve.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused.
Are you having a problem charging the phone when it's connected to the original Samsung transformer & cable?
Or are you using a 3rd party transformer & cable?
Or are you connecting the phone to a PC via a cable?
Are you also having problems charging additional batteries on a 3rd party charger?

Forgetting the last issue, have you tried a different cable (instead of a new adapter/transformer)? If you've tried other transformers & cables then the problem is likely in your phone (perhaps the microUSB connector is going bad) or maybe the actual battery. Have you tried genuine Samsung batteries?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

two_two_etti_5

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Im having problem with original samsung cable and adaptor plugged into wall not PC, Charging via pc is already slow.

I was using a 3rd party cable until I have that charging problem. After that I bought a Note 2 Samsung cable + adaptor but problem was still present

Problem is present either it is plugged into original adaptor or into a 3rd party one.

Can it be that my battery is dead?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's unlikely that your battery is shot since the phone has been out for only a year. It's much more likely that the new transformer or cable is bad.
Did you purchase a good quality set, or some cheap knock off from eBay?

Do you know anyone else that has a smartphone? Just ask if you can plug your phone into their charger - if it behaves correctly then it's your transformer or cable. If it doesn't, then it's possible that it's your battery.

Don't know anyone with an SGSIII that you could check the battery with?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol