1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4g LTE Icon present when connected to WiFi?

I updated today with the latest OTA on my Verizon Samsung S3 and noted that the 4GLTE icon is on, even when I am connected to WiFi. Is there something I need to change so mobile data is disabled automatically when I connect to WiFi like it used to?

Default Re: 4g LTE Icon present when connected to WiFi?

The icon does not indicate its on just because its there. It gives wireless first shot. Its designed to.

My phone is also showing both icons after the update. I never had both at once before the update. Always one or the other.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just figured it out...

The "Caller Name ID" Verizon app was pushed to my phone with this latest update. From within the app there's an option to uninstall if you want to do it this way. Once I uninstalled the app, the 4G LTE icon went away from the status bar so I just have my WiFi icon.

Not cool, Verizon.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Somegeek View Post
    Just figured it out...

The "Caller Name ID" Verizon app was pushed to my phone with this latest update. From within the app there's an option to uninstall if you want to do it this way. Once I uninstalled the app, the 4G LTE icon went away from the status bar so I just have my WiFi icon.

Not cool, Verizon.
    Yup it's the same on my s4 went in titanium backup and froze caller Id and it went away, unfroze it and it came back

- VZW GS4 -
    I'm a superuser

Verizon installs bloatware like no other carrier.... It's a wonder their phones work at all with all the **** running.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

not true regarding 'wireless gets first shot". i too saw this same issue upon the new update. i never use my 4g because i am always on wifi and i hit my data limit of 4gb whereas i never went above 1.5-2gb in any other month. i just diabled the caller name id and see the 4g has now turned off. When 4G shows up on top, it is ON.