New to Android and have a text question

sculptr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, and TIA for your help! I am completely new to androids (and LOVE my phone so far!). When I sent my first text today the recipient was hesitant to respond because the display indicated a type of email address (****@vtext.com) instead of my name or number. Can this be changed? I hate to have to notify everyone that my texts will look different from now on!

Help!? :confused:

altrueng

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
hi i have a iPPO android tablet and cant get into wifi on the home computer "authentication problem" seems it wont except the password please help i would like to download games onto the tablet

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
sculptr,
You didn't mention which Messaging app you were using, but it sounds like you were using the Verizon Messenger app (or something similar).
If you use the stock Messaging app, your TMs should go through like you expect, showing your phone number as the source.

altrueng,
Please don't hijack someone else's thread with a topic that's completely unrelated. Start your own thread and I'm sure someone will be glad to try to help you.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

sculptr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi GSDr,

I know this will sound silly to you but how do I send the message without going through the Verizon app? Can you please be more specific? And thank you so much for your reply! :) and patience ha ha!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry - hope this helpsuploadfromtaptalk1370525439394.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

sculptr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
That was helpful, as I added my name as a signature, thank you. But why do these messages go to people's email? And at the top as my identity it has that weird email address. Should I call Verizon (shiver) on this? They tend to confuse me even more sometimes ... :-/

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Try to stop by a store and ask them to walk you thru it. Try accessing the person your trying to text thru the contacts listing. Once you are viewing that contact you should have the option of calling um ( phone) or texting them (envelope). They may not have texting...

sculptr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I found the problem and it was really odd. When I transferred my contacts, it didn't put the phone number in a bunch of them. I guess it pulls them from more than one place? So I've linked some and fixed others, and the texting is now working. Thanks for your help! Now if I could figure out why some of my gmail is suddenly going straight to (online) trash instead of being delivered... not ALL of it mind you, just some of it... :-(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How did you transfer your contacts? Did you have a previous Android smartphone, or an iPhone, or a dumbphone?
If you had a previous Android device then hopefully you had all of your contacts synced with Google.
I'm not familiar with how it works transferring contacts (or much else, for that matter) from an iPhone so I won't be much help there.
If you had a dumbphone there should have been a way to export the contacts. At worst, if your carrier didn't provide a backup/restore mechanism (like Verizon does with Backup Assistant), it should have been possible to send each contact as a vcf file via bluetooth or TM.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2