Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Straight Talk apn settings for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3

After renewing my monthly service my internet and mms stopped working with the apn settings i previously had. I sat arguing with ST reps for a couple hours and finally i was able to get new apn settings that have fixed the internet and mms issues. The apn setting are as shown below.

go to apn and create new apn. and enter

Name:Straight Talk
    Apn:tfdata
    skip down to Mmsc
    Mmsc:
    Mms proxy:mms3.tracfone.com
    Mms port:80

leave everything else alone hit menu and save. back out and go to home and may need to restart. should be working for you now.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-06-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Thanked by 17:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3

The odd part they are using this only for people that lapsed or just starting. If you have a active Sim it will not work yet. That is the net10 APN settings by the way.
    Erin Wheeler likes this.

Thumbs up Re: Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3

i JUST got off the phone with straight talk (took 5 minutes) I have been using ST for over a year, my Galaxy skyrocket puked, ordered a brand new unopened S3 -SGHi747 for ATT unlocked.

the settings they gave me and are 100% working are as follows:
    APN settings samsung galaxy s3 (ATT unlocked)

Name=Straight Talk
    APN=att.mvno
    Proxy=proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port=80
    MMSC=http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy=mms2.tracfone.com

are the ONLY changes i made. SAVE new APN, switch to new APN,reboot and WALA

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE as i have been scouring the web for a couple hours, and had it partially working. then the APN dissapeared(weird).. decided to CALL THEM

as i said it took literally 5 minutes!! they need to update this info on the website, as what they have for ATT phone there is incorrect.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea the apn settings I previously had worked for abt 6mnths then i refilled and it stopped working. My calls and texts were still working but not data and mms. But the settings I entered are working now. As fas as it beong a net 10 apn... it may be that it still works for straight talk as net 10 and straight talk are both owned by tracfone. Im just hoping that I f peopke are in need of apn settings, that my post will help
    Thanked by 2:
    Lisa Guerrero likes this.

Lightbulb Re: Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3

Delete
    Last edited by ramasas3; 06-13-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Delete

AWESOME!!
    You saved my day. My billing cycle ended and entered into a new month and the data stopped working. I called StraightTalk and they gave me the apn settings as what they had on their support page. Those never worked. The representative said they should work and said she 'updated' my account and wanted me to restart the phone a few times before LYING that "some towers were down" in your area - she said she looked that up on the computer!!!!! She wanted me to wait 24 hours and wanted me to call back if I dont get data.

I just came across this post and just thought I would give it a trial. Wow.. What a relief.. my data works now - all thanks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by yamataz View Post
    i JUST got off the phone with straight talk (took 5 minutes) I have been using ST for over a year, my Galaxy skyrocket puked, ordered a brand new unopened S3 -SGHi747 for ATT unlocked.

Name=Straight Talk
    APN=att.mvno
    Port=80

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE as i have been scouring the web for a couple hours, and had it partially working. then the APN dissapeared(weird).. decided to CALL THEM

as i said it took literally 5 minutes!! they need to update this info on the website, as what they have for ATT phone there is incorrect.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Hey, I have a ATT Skyrocket and the data is working and I can send mms but I can't receive. Help please!! Thanks

APN Settings:

Name: straighttalk
    APN: tfdata
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: 80
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN type: internet + mms (can't enter custom values)
    APN protocol: IPv4 (can't edit)
    Enable/disable APN: box checked (can't edit)
    Bearer: Unspecified

Colourfuze, those settings are for new or renewing customers only.

You need to use these.

Name=Straight Talk
    APN=att.mvno
    Port=80
    Thanked by:
    Charles Dolly likes this.

where do i find the apn? my phone has a vpn... can someone plz help me????
    thnks

Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by yamataz View Post

Name=Straight Talk
    APN=att.mvno
    Port=80

My Wife's crappy Merit died. ST took 2 weeks to replace it under warranty. I bought her a used Galaxy Note and I fought all the other APN settings. This one finally worked! Thanks for the info Yamataz!
    Thanked by 2:

this worked perfect for everything but being able to send a multimedia message..i can receive them but if I send them it never goes through..any suggestions?
    Chelsie Barnett likes this.

this fixed everything but my ability to SEND a mms message...any suggestions how to fix that??

Quote Originally Posted by ramasas3 View Post
    AWESOME!!
    You saved my day. My billing cycle ended and entered into a new month and the data stopped working. I called StraightTalk and they gave me the apn settings as what they had on their support page. Those never worked. The representative said they should work and said she 'updated' my account and wanted me to restart the phone a few times before LYING that "some towers were down" in your area - she said she looked that up on the computer!!!!! She wanted me to wait 24 hours and wanted me to call back if I dont get data.

I just came across this post and just thought I would give it a trial. Wow.. What a relief.. my data works now - all thanks to you.
    I had to make an account just to make this remark - you guys are gonna love this. I had to reset my phone for unrelated reasons, and of course went to the Straight Talk website for APN settings, finding the tfdata ones. I know what I'm doing, here mind; when they didn't work, I figured it must be those old att.mvno settings and I'd have to find them again. But... I did want to see if perhaps my account was 'out of date', or needed a poke or something, to be on the "new" settings, and gave support a call.

They did exactly what the person above said.

1. (Actually, started by giving me the T-Mobile APN setting by mistake…)
    2. Gave me the AT&T APN settings as on the website, tfdata
    3. When that didn't work, had me doublecheck them
    4. Asked where I'm located
    5. Told me there is an outage there, and to call back in 24 hours. (Amusingly, he even gave me a time that this message went out.)

And after this ridiculousness, I simply put the att.mvno APN back in finding it in search here, had it work, and hopped along my merry way.

Yes, this was me starting with trying to see if I needed new settings or my account needed an update; it's me ending with figuring out that - either by consensus or by instruction - 'There's an outage in your area, call back in 24 hours' is a default method of getting you off the phone when they can't actually figure out how to help you. Awesome!

For now, I stick with the att.mvno settings quoted earlier, and I'm good to go. So, thanks to the OP for them! Also, be aware that calling Straight Talk support may result in unexplained network outages exactly where you happen to be calling from! It totally happened to me.

Thank you so much! I called today because my internet kept shutting down for a week now. Customer service was very nice and we were on the phone for a while as she gave me the updated APN settings. Neither one of the new settings worked and I had no internet connect AND no MMS!!!! (panic attack!!!). So I started googling knowing I would find someone smart!!! Thank you Steve Holsten!!! You saved my life today! Not only do I have MMS again, but I have internet again!!! I will never delete an old APN ever unless I know a new one is working. Thanks again!!!!
    Chelsie Barnett likes this.

Cool Re: Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3

You can Try This ▬
    Name: straighttalk or Whatever..Tracfone Wap
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
    APN type: Not Set
    OR ▬ If AT&T Not T-Mobile
    Name: straighttalk or Whatever..Tracfone Wap
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    CREATE NEW APN:
    Name: CINGULAR 410
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Last edited by Robbie Bryant; 07-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Martha Sheard likes this.

Why cingular not ATT?

These settings got my gs3 att phones data working, my data stopped all the sudden today and i noticed since this wasnt my first time dealing with ST apn settings... my apn settings changed without my doing! I didnt even have to reboot my phone and its started working again with these settings. I'm so happy I don't have to call the "customer service" again i registered for a comment on this page. good luck all

YAMATAZ,
    I too had my APNs totally disappear and cannot recover them. I called and ST said I needed to call and have my ph. unlocked (I have a T-Mobile ph. with a TM/ST sim card). How did you get your APNs to re-appear so you could update them?

PS My APN was STRAIGHT TALK before it vanished.

has anyone helped you out at all cause I am having the same issue I have 4g I can get on the internet and ppl can send me mms pics but I cant send any out?

OMG thank you! I unrooted my phone and lost those settings (oops) and got the new ones from straight talk's website which after 12 hours wouldn't let any data juices flow. Put these in and away I went, thank you so much!! I registered mainly to do this so I hope this shows my appreciation.

I just switched from the straight talk iphone 5, to a unlocked at&t Samsung galaxy s3 . I am having troubles with the network . I don't understand why today I had 4g service, and now it is saying I am not connected to a network . I re-did the apn settings , because they disappeared . I am very frustrated because I switched the iphone out because of having horrible service here at home. Any suggestions?

I just got off the phone with straight talk .
    Their settings have changed again .

Name: STRAIGHT_TALK
    APN tfdata
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS Port: 80

I ordered a phone online. i got it off of ebay. it's brand new. and i believe its a samsung galaxy note (it was new from china).. i am able to get online, and i can send/receive phone calls and text messages. but i am not able to send/receive picture messages.. what exactly should the apn settings be? i tried to call straight talk, but they werent really much help....can anyone help me please.. im not very phone smart and im about to give up... its model number a7100

I've done just as you stated but it hasn't worked for me.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast