Touchscreen issues after screen repair

MichaellaT

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
A question if I may. My daughter dropped my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3)causing a small corner top part of the screen to crack. The LCD worked fine and the phone worked as normal but me being me wanted a new screen. I took it to a mobile phone Dr who replaced the screen only not Lsd as this was ok. Once I got it back the bottom left buttons ( A to D and down to the space bar ) no longer worked... This from what I can see is where they have removed the glass. They said there was dust that stopped connection points and fixed it. It worked fine for a few weeks and has now happened again. I am happy to take it back to the guys as my repair came with a warranty but don't want this as an ongoing issue. Would anyone know the cause of this issue? Could it be because that was the initial point the glass was taken Off? Thanks for your time.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums.

The reason the screen does not function properly after a lens only repair is because between that top layer of glass(the lens) and the digitizer/AMOLED assembly(the display and touch sensor) there is a clear silicon adhesive. This adhesive makes a complete contact to the lens(top layer of glass) and the digitizer, which is a thin film on top of the display, so it can transfer the touch of your finger to the digitizer layer allowing to control the phone.. Without that adhesive there it doesn't make a complete connection in certain areas causing the screen to not function properly, i.e. not being able to touch certain areas or it misinterpreting the touch.
It is not because that is where it was initially removed. That does not matter at all.

The only way to guarantee this won't happen is to replace the entire lens/AMOLED assembly all as one piece. It is expensive but looks much, much better and functions much, much better.

I hope I explained this well enough, if you have any other questions fell free to let me know. ;)

MichaellaT

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate your reply. I'm now more the wiser :) I just wanted to be armed with as much information as I possible when I take it back. Thank you :)

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
A question if I may. My daughter dropped my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3)causing a small corner top part of the screen to crack. The LCD worked fine and the phone worked as normal but me being me wanted a new screen. I took it to a mobile phone Dr who replaced the screen only not Lsd as this was ok. Once I got it back the bottom left buttons ( A to D and down to the space bar ) no longer worked... This from what I can see is where they have removed the glass. They said there was dust that stopped connection points and fixed it. It worked fine for a few weeks and has now happened again. I am happy to take it back to the guys as my repair came with a warranty but don't want this as an ongoing issue. Would anyone know the cause of this issue? Could it be because that was the initial point the glass was taken Off? Thanks for your time.

Maybe the Lsd was the problem:p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20