Kindly help, MY s3 says Insane chip, Your hel greatly appreciated

Anthony18007

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
HI, my s3 says insane chip., kindly help or give suggestion how to come out of these issue and also tel me will it create proble if i root my phone with insane chip

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm completely baffled with your statement:
- your S3 is displaying "insane chip" somewhere on the screen? If so, please include a screenshot.
- the CPU inside is labeled "insane chip"?
- the ROM that you have loaded shows 'insane chip' on the splash screen?
I won't even venture a suggestion about rooting until we get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Insane chip? Better burn it. Burn it with fire.

I bit more info would be helpful

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anthony18007

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My s3 through mmc check Apk shows insane chip..... Is tat a problem Bcoz I have rooted my device and it's working fine week it create problem in near future

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you read the thread at the link I sent you?

they used some outdated kernel like Siyah 1.8.6 which has not the Samsung fix for the SD included.

I'm not familiar with that kernel. What version of the kernel are you using? I would suggest searching for information on your kernel.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can somebody explain what's going on here? Did the OP root his phone and then it got attacked by something?

No. There was a problem with the international version of the S3 that caused what became known as "sudden death." That's what the program the OP is using is telling him. Samsung fixed it with a kernel update. But some rooted users aren't running up to date kernels, and could still suffer from sudden death. I don't know if the kernel the OP is using is based on the updated Samsung kernel, or an older version. If it's based on an older version of the kernel, his phone still have the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000