My color got messed up randomly. How do I fix it?

Lonelyhunter

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok I was sitting here watching tv and I put my phone down. A few hours later I looked at my phone and the colors were off (more on the left side than the right). It didn't not move within the time and I hadn't even touched it. I tried resetting it and hard resetting it but neither helpped. Right now it looks like the brightness on the left screen is way up and its flickering, plus the colors are off(green is yellow, the uppercase arrow on my keyboard is teal but I can't remember what it was before but I know it was not teal). Anyone know how to fix it? I didn't drop it or do anything to it, so what might be the problem? I live far away from my phone dealer so I'm looking to see if there's a way I can fix it.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that's not a setting, looks the the screen may be broken (I have no idea why though, you didn't do anything to it). If it's flickering and all the colors are off, the display definitely sounds broken. The only thing I can think that would cause this is excessive heat or water damage. Was it really hot at the time? As for fixing it, I would take it to a store and have them swap it out for a new one if possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
That's really weird. That definitely sounds like a faulty screen though. If it does it again, try to bring it to the store and have them swap it out for a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok I was sitting here watching tv and I put my phone down. A few hours later I looked at my phone and the colors were off (more on the left side than the right). It didn't not move within the time and I hadn't even touched it. I tried resetting it and hard resetting it but neither helpped. Right now it looks like the brightness on the left screen is way up and its flickering, plus the colors are off(green is yellow, the uppercase arrow on my keyboard is teal but I can't remember what it was before but I know it was not teal). Anyone know how to fix it? I didn't drop it or do anything to it, so what might be the problem? I live far away from my phone dealer so I'm looking to see if there's a way I can fix it.

I used to get random color glitches on a previous build of the stock ROM. Doesn't happen anymore though.