Backup of apps on s3

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I will be soon getting the samsung galaxy s4. I need to take a complete backup of my apps that i have downloaded. Can anybody give any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Why? you really won't need it unless you're rooted and want to have all the apps reloaded in one fell swoop. If that's the case you can use titanium backup to backup all the apps and you can restore it to the new phone if you copy the backup file to the new phone, and install titanium backup on the new handset as well.

If you are not rooted, just go to the play store and when connected and logged in, press the menu button and select my apps. All the paid apps that you bought are installable without paying for it again.

One other thing you can use is onthefly backup. It copies all the installed apps to a single folder that you can save and reinstall from.
I have found it sometimes does not copy all the apps, but more than you can remember to do manually LOL

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bilal,
Actually, when you first set up the new phone, and enter your Google account information, it'll automatically start downloading your apps.
However, it won't have your app data, so it would be a good idea to use something like Helium to backup your apps and data on your current phone and restore it to the new phone. Be sure that you backup to the SDCard (if you have one) so that you can just move that to the new phone and restore from there.
If you don't have an SDCard, you can backup to the cloud (Google Drive; Box; etc.) but you'll have to purchase the full version of Helium to be able to restore from the cloud.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay