Galaxy S3 battery drain "fix"

Chuck Dinovo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
If you are having issue with the S3's battery draining unusually fast, the problem is Samsung Link. You cannot uninstall the app. All you can do is uninstall the updates and ignore the updates Google Play tries to send you. Samsung Cares tech support says "this is not a known issue". Hopefully, they will "Care" soon and fix the issue!
BTW. I have AT&T and Jelly Bean 4.1

jery hink

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I checked my "downloads" and it appears to be empty. Checked in settings/device/storage/downlaoads. No files were found in dowloads.. and the memory allocation in this directory is 81.00 MB. I am going to go back a few days and unistall recent apps... (twitter and dolphin browser) . I have not seen the samsung app that you mentioned. (doesnt mean that its not there somewhere though). What might you suggest next? I appreciate your help and will reply with what I find. Jery

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I can guarantee the first post is wrong. Oh, I'm not saying the Samsung Link never causes battery drain issues, but any post that says the problem is always one thing is going to be wrong. There are a number of different causes of rapid battery drain, and multiple threads in this forum that address many of them. A sample size of one is never enough to reach such sweeping conclusions.

I think this is the first post I've read linking rapid battery drain to this app, so I would have to agree with Samsung that it's not a "known issue."

Jery, I don't follow your post at all. The OP doesn't reference the downloads folder at all. Did you post in the wrong thread?

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
What does battery drain has something to do with the updates? I guess its all about battery drain due to the usage of big applications. I guess its better to get a battery drain software first in order to know which application is consuming how much battery rather than just going with updates. I don't think they would fix such an issue.

mwnciboo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I rooted and Installed Cynogenmod

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean

Huge battery uplift....Obivously risks are inherent here, so you need to do your research, back you phone up and accept that you are invalidating your warranty and if you make a false step there is a slim chance you can "Brick" your phone - Although the Community is working on a way to do this safely, it's never 100% Guaranteed. It's not Hard, but it should not be done by a Tech novice and neither is it for those who want flawless performance.

If you really are concerned about battery life, upgrade your battery, or increase the size of your Phone another 1cm with a Mophie Juice Pack Addon or some such.