1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just making sure (homescreen redraws)

So as i have said in previous threads, my international galaxy s3's homescreen redraws, as in when i am opening lots of apps for example, sometimes the icons and widgets take time to load up, it happens rarely but it does and certainly hasnt stopped my love for the s3. So i wanna know to rest assured, is this a hardware issue arising from the phone having only 1gb of ram or a software issue that will be solved in future updates? I dont remember it happening in neither 4.0.4 nor 4.1.1. Personally, i think it's software but what do you think? Do you experience anything of what i mentioned? Let me know.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Just making sure (homescreen redraws)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Watson View Post
    So as i have said in previous threads, my international galaxy s3's homescreen redraws, as in when i am opening lots of apps for example, sometimes the icons and widgets take time to load up, it happens rarely but it does and certainly hasnt stopped my love for the s3. So i wanna know to rest assured, is this a hardware issue arising from the phone having only 1gb of ram or a software issue that will be solved in future updates? I dont remember it happening in neither 4.0.4 nor 4.1.1. Personally, i think it's software but what do you think? Do you experience anything of what i mentioned? Let me know.

Sometimes I do. Very, very rarely. Have you disabled any bloatware apps to help with your memory?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Sometimes I do. Very, very rarely. Have you disabled any bloatware apps to help with your memory?
    I did but that shouldn't matter. I mean the s2 didnt have homescreen redraws so why the s3?

Global Posts
    13,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Watson View Post
    I did but that shouldn't matter. I mean the s2 didnt have homescreen redraws so why the s3?

Probably due to the 'smart' features on the device.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I really really hope android 4.2 fixes this. (