Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 2 Post By ab304945
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How durable is GSIII

I have GSIII and hear alot that its screen shatters even with the one hit on the ground.
    Who experienced that? How far is it true?
    Suggest measures to prevent it?

Sent from my GSIII

Default Re: How durable is GSIII

Any device is susceptible to a broken screen when dropped. It depends more on how it hits the ground than what device it is. I own the S3 and i've only dropped it on carpet once and it was perfectly fine. Nothing happened at all. I would bet $15 I could drop any device on the market and break it if I wanted to though.
    crester likes this.

If you treat your device With care it can last you forever...

Sexy Note II
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Any device is susceptible to a broken screen when dropped. It depends more on how it hits the ground than what device it is. I own the S3 and i've only dropped it on carpet once and it was perfectly fine. Nothing happened at all. I would bet $15 I could drop any device on the market and break it if I wanted to though.
    On carpet any phone will survive if hits the ground. But still I feel iPhone is least susceptible to break when hits the ground as compared to other phones.

Sent from my GSIII

Quote Originally Posted by chirag05 View Post
    On carpet any phone will survive if hits the ground. But still I feel iPhone is least susceptible to break when hits the ground as compared to other phones.

Sent from my GSIII
    Hmm.......I wish I had asked you sooner because my brother in law's S2 screen cracked when it fell on carpet. And I didn't realize we were comparing to the iPhone. I thought you were just asking in general. I don't think the iPhone is any less susceptible than any other device if it's dropped just right. Unless their screens are not made from glass.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

May be you should have. But then once again what matters is how the phone falls down.
    And iPhone's durability is well known fact. All the Drop Tests showed the iPhone has edge over other phones durability wise.
    Sorry about your folk's S2. I'm not sure of result of any Android phone falling on the carpet but I can ensure you no iPhone will break if it falls on the carpet.

Sent from my GSIII

I can ensure you no iPhone will break if it falls on the carpet.

Sent from my GSIII

i dropped my s3 several times in the street, no case, still is fine,
    Adawg1203 and chirag05 like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post

Well, there are always exceptions. I'm thankful for adding this to my knowledge, perhaps you should also read the subsequent comments down that post where people are surprised to know having iPhone broken on the carpet.
    Having said that you can't deny it the iPhone is the most or one of the most durable phone out there.

Sent from my GSIII

I have GSIII and hear alot that its screen shatters even with the one hit on the ground.
    Who experienced that? How far is it true?
    Suggest measures to prevent it?

Sent from my GSIII
    No modern technology device is safe from drops. They are delicate pieces of equipment. Use a case and be careful.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    No modern technology device is safe from drops. They are delicate pieces of equipment. Use a case and be careful.
    True. No device is safe from drops. All we have is a protection case.

Sent from my GSIII

The S3 glass screens shatter very easy mine fell out of pocket on to concrete no damage to case but outer glass smashed. Bought a new screen for 10bucks but never fitted because its almost impossible to replace it without destroying the LCD, they are glued together. Not bothered by the screen now, i just say to people the "stress is out of the screen dont break no more". and its true dropped it run over it stepped on it glass dont get any worse. Heard that gorilla glass 2 is too thin for the size of the phone, hence hundreds of thousands of s3 with smashed screens.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mc Donald View Post
    The S3 glass screens shatter very easy mine fell out of pocket on to concrete no damage to case but outer glass smashed. Bought a new screen for 10bucks but never fitted because its almost impossible to replace it without destroying the LCD, they are glued together. Not bothered by the screen now, i just say to people the "stress is out of the screen dont break no more". and its true dropped it run over it stepped on it glass dont get any worse. Heard that gorilla glass 2 is too thin for the size of the phone, hence hundreds of thousands of s3 with smashed screens.
    And that's why I always say GSIII are most susceptible to screen shatters.

Sent from my GSIII

Sent from my GSIII
    I've seen plenty of iPhones with cracked screens. If they're any less fragile, it's only because the screen is smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mc Donald View Post
    Ah, yes, a fine example of "science at work." A sample size of one, with no comparative sample. In other words, your conclusion is totally meaningless.

Whether a screen cracks when it falls is subject to a nearly infinite combination of factors, including the height of the fall, the surface on which it falls, the angle at which it hits, the temperature of the phone, and whether the glass has any prior impacts, scratches, or nicks. You could do the same drop, have the phone hit at just a slightly different angle, and get no damage at all.

"hundreds of thousands" of S3s with smashed screens? You "heard" that the glass is too thin? What reputable source did you "hear" this from? Where do your statistics come from? How do the numbers of "smashed" S3 screens compare to other phones (adjusted for sales volume, of course, to be meaningful)? What, you don't have any such data? Didn't think so.

Stop talking about things you know nothing about.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Ah, yes, a fine example of "science at work." A sample size of one, with no comparative sample. In other words, your conclusion is totally meaningless.

Whether a screen cracks when it falls is subject to a nearly infinite combination of factors, including the height of the fall, the surface on which it falls, the angle at which it hits, the temperature of the phone, and whether the glass has any prior impacts, scratches, or nicks. You could do the same drop, have the phone hit at just a slightly different angle, and get no damage at all.

"hundreds of thousands" of S3s with smashed screens? You "heard" that the glass is too thin? What reputable source did you "hear" this from? Where do your statistics come from? How do the numbers of "smashed" S3 screens compare to other phones (adjusted for sales volume, of course, to be meaningful)? What, you don't have any such data? Didn't think so.

Stop talking about things you know nothing about.
    You are a **** mate. Just look at ebay. look at other posts about the s3 screen. I think more people will agree with me than you. Who gives a crap if it not SCIENTIFIC its a fact of life if you dont have a case your screen will break. Maybe your a rep for SAMSUNG and trying to talk them up.

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

I've dropped mine numerous times on a hard surface and never an issue. I do have an otterbox commuter case on it though. I wouldn't have this phone uncased.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app