Samsung S3 Volume control with a mind of its own

jerbear197

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My S3 is pissing me off big time. Have it strapped to my arm listening to music as I jog but the damn volume control turns itself down. It will not stay turned up to any level. At first I thought it was the holster II had that was hitting the vol control button as I jogged, but the I removed it, turned the vol all the way up and just watched the screen for a bit. And woulkd you believe it....it turned it self all the way down without interference from me... if that wasn't bad enough, charging this phone is a nightmare at times. I can leave it all night turned off but plugged in to charge and get up next morning to find it still hasn't charged. btw. My wife has one as well...same problems.....

anybody help??? Please....

Jerry

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Charging problems are often related to the USB cable. If you haven't already, try using a different one. Also try charging it while turned on, instead of off, and see if that makes a difference.

As for volume, do you have any apps installed that might affect it? Equalizers, profile apps, anything non-standard? I'd look for some other app to be interfering with what you set on the volume control. For example, I had a problem where the media volume kept getting turned down whenever I used Nav, even though I had turned it up all the way. I finally realized that, in my wife's car, the phone was choosing a profile with media volume set all the way down.

watso55

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Have exactly the same problem.

Have sat there and watched the volume reduce itself in increments as if someone was screwing around with the device. If I crank the volume back up again it even struggles with me, forcing it back down even as I press the damned button. Ultimately the phone proves to have the better staying power and wins, at which point I give up, or I restart the thing and it seems ok again for a short while.

Read some other posts (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/577101-sticky-volume-button.html) about sticky volume control, took the phone apart, reseated the volume rocker, and voila.. no change whatsoever.

Did anyone manage to get a fix?

Cheers.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does it do this with all volume levels (ringtone, notification, media) or just the media volume?
Which media app are you using?
Does it do it for both audio and video?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

happypenguin17

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem now too. Though, for me, it seems to only do it if I use apps that are not Facebook. Media volume decides to have a mind of its own

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2