06-28-2014 12:33 AM
- Hi guys I dropped my galaxy s3 and now it's not working properly:
-Screen is badly cracked and not displaying anything
- Also unable to receive calls
- However, able to turn the phone on
Any ideas on what might be wrong/which parts I need to replace?
I've already looked into replacing the digitizer and that alone costs $250. But I'm not sure if I should do this because of the problem with receiving calls.
I've also been unable to access the photos on the phone. Because when I connect to the computer via usb, the device is recognised, but once I open 'I9300-GT' in 'computer' it is just empty. Could the internal memory be damaged somehow?
Please help as I am desperate to get the phone working again or at least access the photos on the phone if it is broken beyond repair... Thanks in advance06-27-2013 10:40 AM
- You don't mention if you have an SDCard installed, or if your camera was set to save pictures/videos internally (the default) or to the SDCard.
You're probably going to have to replace the digitizer & LCD in combination - doesn't seem like there's much success replacing them independently.
If your phone is booting normally (ie you hear the normal startup sounds) chances are that the internal storage is intact, so your pictures should still be on there. You just need to get the screen working so that you can see what you're doing.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 406-27-2013 02:42 PM
- What do you mean by won't receive calls? It doesn't ring / vibrate, or it does ring but you can't answer? If it's not ringing, are you sure the volume is turned up?
If it really won't receive a call at all, then I suspect more than just the screen / digitizer is damaged.06-27-2013 05:21 PM
- Hi guys I also dropped my galaxy s3 and now it's not working properly:
-Screen is got a small crack on the upper right part of the screen
-the colors are all messed up
-cant press anything
-can be turned on and can hear the starting sound
-can still receive calls and text07-23-2013 05:33 PM
Droid DNA07-23-2013 06:46 PM
- so I went to the drive in today . and somehow with in the time of me being there I lost my phone . so make a long story short when I found long and be hold it had been ran over . sooooooo now my screen is terribly cracked and blacked out I cant see a picture but and see a small light under a little crack . the phone still works I can hear the sounds from turning it on and my home bottoms etc still come on . but my screen is completely blacked out . I don't know if this is just my screen my lcd or my digitizer that is broken or all of the above . so I don't know what my next step is to fix it . PLEASE if anyone has had this problem and knows the solution let me know im dying with out my phone !!07-24-2013 05:19 AM
- You can try replacing the LCD and digi but if was ran over by a car you could have other damage that is not noticeable with the screen being busted. Try eBay or craiglist for either a non working phone for parts or the parts themselfs. You can probably find a video on YouTube for taking the phone apart to replace the LCD and digi. Personally if it was ran over I would just start looking for a new phone cuz you never know what else could be wrong with it
Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk 4 Beta07-24-2013 05:25 AM
- Hey there
i got a similar problem, i think my digitizer is broken, everything on the Samsung s3 mini is working perfectly fine. The sound, the buttons, the screen display is working and im receiving all my messages. Just the touch screen isn't working! do you have any idea how much it would cost to get it repaired as im a bit worried of trying to fix it myself!
Many thanks!09-04-2013 02:39 PM
- If it's similar to the Galaxy S3 then it would be about $180 to replace the whole screen assembly (digitizer + LCD). I saw some place that advertised being able to delaminate the digitizer and replace it but I don't put much faith in that. YMMV.
Here's a link for the SGS3 screen assembly - I'm guessing that you can find one for your phone as well http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 209-04-2013 07:50 PM
- A couple of weeks ago I dropped and badly cracked the screen on my Galaxy S3. Everything still worked properly (camera, picture, touchscreen etc) no problems. I bought a replacement screen and tools online, watched a youtube video on replacing the screen using a hair dryer. This evening I successfully removed the broken screen (using hair dryer to loosen glue from old screen), and the new screen looks great. Picture is there, incoming calls sound, texts coming in............. but the phone is now not recognizing my touch. I have read the previous posts talking about replacing the digitizer and/or the touch screen controller. Since everything seems to work just fine accept for the fact that it's not recognizing my touch........is the problem with my phone one of these? If so...is it fairly simple to replace this part(s), and are the parts inexpensive enough so that it makes sense? Also, most of the glue came off with the broken screen. What kind of glue, or what can I use to better secure the new screen?12-08-2013 11:51 PM
- even my s3 dropped and there is a small crack on the bottom left corner. The display is not working... howvever the phone can be turned on as I can see the led lights on... incoming calls are heard but can not answer as the screen is pitch black
what to repair ? please help..02-09-2014 02:55 AM
- I have the same problem. The screen is cracked and lcd is just black but it still turns on and i feel vibration texts calls etc. and led ligts go on. The touch screen also does not work and i would like to know what is wrong. The screen worked 2 days ago but it had a green tint. then yesterday it turned black.02-09-2014 10:27 AM
This is one source for a replacement screen assembly http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html (be sure to get the correct colour for your phone).
There are other sources (ex. http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html) and you can find repair instructions online including http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro02-10-2014 11:59 AM
- I threw my phone in my room (dumb i know.) and the screen is pretty badly cracked. The screen will not show that its on, but it must still work because it still buzzes and the LED notification flasher stilll flashes, and it also still makes sounds from notifications. I don't know what to do for buy new parts for it? Would it need a new digitalizer? (I know i'd have to replace the screen) But of course I couldn't afford to have it fixed professionally. That's why i'd like a good estimate of what the problem might be so I can buy the needed parts and fix it myself with a youtube tutorial. PLEASE HELP.03-07-2014 06:00 PM
- I threw my Galaxy s3 on the floor in my room. The screen is pretty badly cracked. The screen won't turn on. But it still buzzes, the LED notification flasher still lights up when I get notifications, & it still makes noise when messages and other notifications are received. Does the digitalizer need to replaced? (I already know i have to replace the screen.) I don't have the money to have it professionally fixed.& I don't want to pay for a digitalizer if that's not whats needed. I also would buy a digitalizer (if needed) on like ebay, then attempt to replace it myself using a youtube tutorial. PLEASE HELP. I would love for feedback on what your opinion is on what's wrong with it. THANK YOU.03-07-2014 06:26 PM
Your best bet is to replace the whole screen assembly - see the post immediately above yours for links to some sources.
Oh, and buy a heavy duty case (Otterbox Defender comes to mind) if the throwing is going to continue.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro03-07-2014 06:45 PM
- HI Guys, I'm new to the forum. I'd just like to comment on this thread. I am having a similar issue, I started out with a cracked glass and saw several YouTube vids about separating the outer glass with a heat gun, it didn't look to bad...well I tried that, I must have wound up cracking the LCD. What started out as a discoloration in one corner, by the next morning, 95% of the whole screen was black. I bought the LCD/ Digitizer Assy on Ebay for $125 (supposedly a OEM part). It should be here by the end of the week. But for the sake of it, I wanted to see if I could actually separate the two, I took the phone apart (very easy by the way) so that when the new digitizer comes, I just have to install it. I took the old one, and set it on a flat surface and blasted it on high with the heat gun for about 5 minutes,... got it so hot that the whole LCD turned silver and the glue between the outer glass and the LCD crinkled to death and I still couldn't get them to separate??!!!! Obviously I tried to separate them before I got to this point and wound up just shattering everything to pieces....what in the world am I doing wrong...if people are getting this apart with a hair dryer and I am heating it to the point of almost melting glass/?? UM... I'm a little confused..
Thanks for any input.03-18-2014 07:12 AM
- I broke my screen today, right below the home button, there's a few hairline cracks and a small chip of glass has fallen out and now there's a hole..
But the home button, lcd and everything are working normally, it's just the crack.
How much would it cost to get the glass replaced? I heard getting the lcd and digitizer replaced costs at min $200, but since those aren't broken :\
I really need to get it fixed ASAP before my parents find out
And I also don't know how it broke.. I didn't drop it03-19-2014 04:11 AM
- The problem is that the LED, digitizer, and glass are all glued together, and it is apparently (I've never tried) very difficult to separate and reassemble them without causing further damage. A few people have posted here that they had that repair done, and the digitizer never really worked correctly afterwards.
As far as how much it costs, I'm afraid I don't know. You'll have to call around to some phone repair shops, I guess.03-19-2014 09:04 AM
As the previous poster mentioned, trying to replace just the glass (the outermost layer) is hit or miss - you can find videos online showing you how to do it, so obviously it's possible, but I've never had luck with that sort of thing. YMMV.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk03-19-2014 10:53 AM
- By CyborgSon in forum HTC One M7Replies: 22Last Post: 11-09-2015, 10:24 PM
- By MallyMall88 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 06-29-2013, 08:37 AM
- By alanwk in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 12:04 PM
- By MallyMall88 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
- By yogurtpooh in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD