4.1.2 Keyboard lost feature, any way to get it back?

Muse95

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to 4.1.2 yesterday.
The keyboard is annoying me hugely. With the previous rev, I used to be able to get the punctuation list on the bar after selecting the word. Whether I had typed the word completely and correctly, or just typed part of it, if I then selected the word off the suggested list, it would bring up the punctuation list. Now it just brings up suggestions for a next word. To end my sentence, I have to select the symbol key then the punctuation mark off the symbol keyboard if I want something other than a period. Has anyone else noticed this annoying feature? And can I get back the old functionality somehow? I didn't realize how much I used it til it was gone! :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I assume that you're referring to the punctuation selection shown in this screenshot?
daba2esu.jpg
I haven't used the Samsung keyboard much, and certainly not this feature, so I don't know how it used to behave.
All I can see from observation is that if you go into the Samsung keyboard settings (the gear icon), then select Advanced and uncheck Auto-punctuate, an interesting thing happens if you choose a word from the list and then:
press the spacebar
press the backspace key
press the spacebar again
The punctuation list that you're looking for appears.
Not what you were hoping for, so I guess they broke the feature - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech