Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Problems

Hello there ,

Can someone help me with this problem .
    I'm still a beginner and yet i did request some help from the sprint forum but they say that you need to go to the following forum because the forum that i entered was a sprint forum .
    Yeah , i rooted my samsung S3 GT- I9300 since that past 2 day . i'm a little bit confuse about this process which the "meyerweb" guy asked me what kind of carrier that i used and i did give him the current information and still he still said that it not enough. Is there any other possible solution for me to find my carrier and the correct ROM that i should use for my phone.

MODEL : GT-I9300
    FCC ID : A3LGTI9300A
    SSN : -I9300GSMH
    RATED : 3.8V ; 2100mA
    MADE IN KOREA BY SAMSUNG
    CARRIER : - [Not really sure because i don't know where to check at the first place]
    COUNTRY : - [Not really sure because i don't know where to check at the first place]

Default Re: Problems

The carrier is the company you pay each month for your phone service (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T).
    The country is where you are.

If you were able to look in Settings -> About phoneyou would find this information which would help us determine what model, kernel & firmware your phone was running. If you then selected the Status item you'd find thiswhich would show the carrier.
    Since the phone isn't working we have to rely on you to fill in the blanks. It's important to know the exact model & carrier (who you get your phone service through) so that we can direct you to the correct ROM to reload.
    Judging by your video the phone will still boot into Download mode, so all is not lost.
    You can try installing the Kies software on your computer and you may be able to restore the correct firmware directly from there (I can't say for sure because I haven't used it, but I've seen other posts that describe that capability).
    Or, depending on your carrier (whoever provides the phone service in your country/locale) we may be able to direct you to the correct ROM for that carrier.
    If you load an incorrect ROM (as appears to have happened in your situation) it can do bad things, up to and including making it completely useless (what they call hard bricking the phone; right now your phone just appears to be soft bricked).
    Please don't misunderstand - Meyer and the other folks in the forums want to help you, but without knowing what you did when you tried to root it (what YouTube video did you follow? do you have a link to the steps you followed? did anything weird happen on a particular step?) or which carrier you have, we could end up making things worse.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If you were able to look in Settings -> About phonehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/02/qyna4u3u.jpgyou would find this information which would help us determine what model, kernel & firmware your phone was running. If you then selected the Status item you'd find thishttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/02/e5eteraq.jpgwhich would show the carrier.
    Since the phone isn't working we have to rely on you to fill in the blanks. It's important to know the exact model & carrier (who you get your phone service through) so that we can direct you to the correct ROM to reload.
    Judging by your video the phone will still boot into Download mode, so all is not lost.
    You can try installing the Kies software on your computer and you may be able to restore the correct firmware directly from there (I can't say for sure because I haven't used it, but I've seen other posts that describe that capability).
    Or, depending on your carrier (whoever provides the phone service in your country/locale) we may be able to direct you to the correct ROM for that carrier.
    If you load an incorrect ROM (as appears to have happened in your situation) it can do bad things, up to and including making it completely useless (what they call hard bricking the phone; right now your phone just appears to be soft bricked).
    Please don't misunderstand - Meyer and the other folks in the forums want to help you, but without knowing what you did when you tried to root it (what YouTube video did you follow? do you have a link to the steps you followed? did anything weird happen on a particular step?) or which carrier you have, we could end up making things worse.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    Well , i'm sorry about that . But i can't even check my phone nor boot it into the setting menu . Is there any other option that i can use? Example like checking the IMEI code or open the box that i received , the day that i purchased this phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scraptacular View Post
    The carrier is the company you pay each month for your phone service (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T).
    The country is where you are.
    Hello there you this carrier ??

Carrier : Celcom
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If you were able to look in Settings -> About phonehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/02/qyna4u3u.jpgyou would find this information which would help us determine what model, kernel & firmware your phone was running. If you then selected the Status item you'd find thishttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/02/e5eteraq.jpgwhich would show the carrier.

I'm sorry about that but while you were watching the video . You can see that i can't even access the phone .

Default Re: sblosare e ripristinare samsung A3LGTi9300A

C'HO UN SAMSUNG S3 GT-i9300 .FCC ID :A3LGTi9300A CHE VOGLIO RIPRISTINARE ,PERO ME CHIEDE UN PASSW
    OLRD

Default Re: sblosare e ripristinare samsung A3LGTi9300A

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus HOOYOOS View Post
    C'HO UN SAMSUNG S3 GT-i9300 .FCC ID :A3LGTi9300A CHE VOGLIO RIPRISTINARE ,PERO ME CHIEDE UN PASSWORD
    I couldn't copy the translation here, but it sounds like you're trying to restore the firmware on your phone and are being prompted for a password.

What software are you using to try to restore the firmware?
    Is your phone secured with a Pattern/PIN/Password?

Non ho potuto copiare la traduzione qui, ma suona come si sta cercando di ripristinare il firmware sul vostro telefono e vengono richiesta una password.

Quale software stai usando per cercare di ripristinare il firmware?
    Il tuo telefono protetto con un pattern / PIN / Password?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

hijii

by friend my galaxy s3 sale phone all deta format but not workind only blue light and samsung let stop not work how is this??????plz

Problems
    same this problum

same problum my friend how is working plz help me