1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (T-Mobile/UK) - Recovering DELETED Videos from INTERNAL MEMORY

Hey Guys & Girls,
    I am in great need of your help. I seem to be in the same position as many before me but I cannot seem to fully understand why I'm failing to recover deleted videos from my Samsung Galaxy S3.
    These deeply sentimental and precious videos were accidentally deleted last week and I just considered they were gone and lost forever.
    However, after doing some research via Google/YouTube etc. (baring in mind, I'm not too tech savvy) I saw that there is plenty of software out there where you can recover data (Remo, Stellar Phoenix) - so I thought there was a vague possibility of tracing these deleted videos.
    BUT the PC I plugged my phone into recognised it as a portable device but no software recognises it as a drive even though it is connected via USB.
    I have tried enabling USB mass storage via rooting my Samsung but still no joy.
    I've used DiskDigger but not recovered the desired files.
    Before I give up entirely, is there a way of succeeding? If I've lost the files then I will accept that but I don't understand why the software does not recognise my phone and let me at least attempt to perform a recovery.

Help please!

Thank you

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (T-Mobile/UK) - Recovering DELETED Videos from INTERNAL MEMORY

In the future you can try something like Cloud Drive: for an automatic backup solution and Dumpster - Recycle Bin: (must be installed BEFORE you accidentally delete stuff) for a recovery solution.

When you connect the phone to a computer via USB there should be a selection in the Notification bar that will let you switch between PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). If you select MTP you should be able to access the content of an SDCard (if you have one) and the internal storage where pictures/videos are stored.

Note that rooting shouldn't be taken lightly and is an unnecessary step.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (T-Mobile/UK) - Recovering DELETED Videos from INTERNAL MEMORY

Thanks for the advice and the reply - I appreciate what your saying.
    Obviously from here on I can take steps to ensure such an error never occurs again in the future.
    However, for now (after selecting MTP) I do not understand why the software - of which I have so far tried Remo Recover, Asoftech Photo Recovery & Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery - does not recognise my photo so it cannot run a recovery.
    I will try other software - can you recommend any?

First of all, any solutions that refer to USB Mass Storage are useless -- as Google removed that feature from Android when ICS first came out. In the case of the S3, there is no USB mass storage option.

Second, when you plug the S3 into a Windows PC, it should install drivers so you can see it. But, it's not mounted as a disk drive; instead, it's mounted as a multimedia device. So, whichever file manager you're using on your PC, you have to look for Devices, not drives.

Third, data recovery apps can only recover files that were deleted, but intact. If your files were corrupted, there is no data recovery app that will restore them.

You could try using this method to recover the videos given that you haven't over written them. Best of luck! =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    If I've helped you in any way please hit thanks as a token of gratitude.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

You should also post how much the software cost. It is not free it cost $49.95. I did download the trial version and it seems to work.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Youch!!!
    I didn't know it was that expensive! Yeah, it would have been nice to know the price upfront.
    But I guess if you really want something that's been deleted it may be worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by haseebmalik View Post
    Hey Guys & Girls,
    I am in great need of your help. I seem to be in the same position as many before me but I cannot seem to fully understand why I'm failing to recover deleted videos from my Samsung Galaxy S3.
    These deeply sentimental and precious videos were accidentally deleted last week and I just considered they were gone and lost forever.
    However, after doing some research via Google/YouTube etc. (baring in mind, I'm not too tech savvy) I saw that there is plenty of software out there where you can recover data (Remo, Stellar Phoenix) - so I thought there was a vague possibility of tracing these deleted videos.
    BUT the PC I plugged my phone into recognised it as a portable device but no software recognises it as a drive even though it is connected via USB.
    I have tried enabling USB mass storage via rooting my Samsung but still no joy.
    I've used DiskDigger but not recovered the desired files.
    Before I give up entirely, is there a way of succeeding? If I've lost the files then I will accept that but I don't understand why the software does not recognise my phone and let me at least attempt to perform a recovery.

Help please!

Thank you
    Listen when you take photos or videos, you can upload them to dropbox automatically so get an account! You get 50GB with the S3 so keep note of this in the future.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post
    You get 50GB with the S3
    That's only true with certain models or carriers or something - there was nothing like that for Verizon customers.

But I agree with you completely that folks need to get proactive and save their photos/videos in the cloud automatically - too many people losing stuff they can't recreate.
    This Cloud Drive: is another option.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2