internet slow after u locking screen?

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
When i unlock my screen and go on the stock internet or chrome and i try to look at any pages i have to reload the page 2/3 times for it to load. Almost like it has no wifi connection even though it has perfect signal and has the wifi icon and the little arrows on the icon show its downloading data.

Always shows *page is unavaiable* like the servers are down or no internet connection. No its not my internet. Its fine on 3g but its the same on any wifi connection anywhere and it always after i unlock my screen?

Posted via Android Central App samsung galaxy s3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try going into the Wi-Fi page, press the Menu button, select Advanced, and be sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to Always.
Have you used other methods to verify whether or not you have a valid Wi-Fi connection after unlocking the phone? The Play Store, etc? Or is it just the browsers that have a problem?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep i tried that option and no it was any app that used wifi. I dialled ★#0011# then press the bottom left soft key next to the main home screen button. Youl see a wifi option choose it. You will then see wifi sleep mode. Green means its on. Turn it off.

Even though it was turned off in settings it was still on in the hidden menu.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What model/carrier/firmware are you on?
How long does it typically take before you finally get a valid connection?
Those codes (*#0011#) didn't do anything on my Verizon phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Running 4.1.2 stock. In united kingdom on 02 network. Doesnt matter what broadband company it was always the same but its sorted now.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
but its sorted now.
(GSDer shakes his head, puts on his English -> American English translation hat, and attempts to interpret this conundrum.) Does this mean that you've solved the problem? If so, can you share the solution in case someone else runs into the same problem?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
(GSDer shakes his head, puts on his English -> American English translation hat, and attempts to interpret this conundrum.) Does this mean that you've solved the problem? If so, can you share the solution in case someone else runs into the same problem?

It's sorted now exactly means the issue is resolved. Would like to know myself what was done to sort it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You will not need an english interpetation hat. I am scottish!

Read above for instructions as to how i resolved the issue. ★#0011# got the dev menu from the dial screen.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This must be something that's only available on the International version; it certainly doesn't work on the Verizon version.
Thanks for sorting it out for me.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking his carrier is gsm. Same code worked on my AT&T GS3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading drippler from google store. It was posted there a few days ago. Thats where i solved my problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc