How to buy Galaxy S3 for Mexico Telcel

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriends' sister who lives in Mexico is trying to buy a Galaxy S3 because she lost her other one. I have no idea on how it works. She says the people at the store said she can get an AT&T or T-Mobile GS3 and activate it with Telcel however, when I try and buy it from AT&T online, it says I need a plan. When they went to the AT&T store, the Galaxy S3 was $599 but online it's $450. Is there anyway I can get it from AT&T for the $450 price? Also, I checked Amazon and they have an international version for $450.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S III/S3 GT-I9300 Factory Unlocked Phone - International Version (Ceramic White): Cell Phones & Accessories

Would that one work for Mexicos Telcel? I'd rather get the AT&T Galaxy S4 but it doesn't really matter as long as it works for Telcel. And will the international version have 4g/3g there?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
AT&T 4G version will be the only one that works in Telcel's network. All international models will only work on 3G in Telcel's network. The 4G International models WILL NOT work in Telcel's Network (you'd only get voice and low-bitrate data)

So if you get the factory-unlocked phone (as long as it's not the 4G version), it should work but only in 3G. If you get AT&T's, it will work on 4G but the handset must be unlocked, either by hackery or by the carrier. To get an AT&T version, you do need a plan or get a new one.

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
AT&T 4G version will be the only one that works in Telcel's network. All international models will only work on 3G in Telcel's network. The 4G International models WILL NOT work in Telcel's Network (you'd only get voice and low-bitrate data)

So if you get the factory-unlocked phone (as long as it's not the 4G version), it should work but only in 3G. If you get AT&T's, it will work on 4G but the handset must be unlocked, either by hackery or by the carrier. To get an AT&T version, you do need a plan or get a new one.

Okay I see now. They don't want a plan but the AT&T website says it's $450 month to month but I'm not aloud to order the device only until I get a plan. Is there anyway to get the new one for that price without a plan?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech