Viber on S3 keeps stopping

thedavee

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to the latest Android software 4.1.2 on my GT-I9300, I continually get a 'Unfortunately, Viber has stopped". It is very disruptive as it pauses the phone while in any application - not only when using Viber, but also dialing a phone number or answering an email. I have reloaded a number of times and deleted the data.
Totally frustrating.
Any ideas anyone? thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall Viber?
Send the Viber team an email? (info@viber.com)
They do hang out in the forum so perhaps you'll get a response from them here.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to the latest Android software 4.1.2 on my GT-I9300, I continually get a 'Unfortunately, Viber has stopped". It is very disruptive as it pauses the phone while in any application - not only when using Viber, but also dialing a phone number or answering an email. I have reloaded a number of times and deleted the data.
Totally frustrating.
Any ideas anyone? thanks.

It's probably the app, not the phone. Write a review in the playstore.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Reviews in the Google Play Store aren't the preferred method of getting an app fixed - reviews are to let others know if the app does what it says in Description; how easy/hard the app is to use; if the UI is intuitive; or even how it compares to some other app with similar functionality.
He certainly could post a negative review based on his problems, but if he really wants to get a problem fixed he should contact the development team directly; go to their website/blog/Twitter/Facebook to see if there's any useful information there; etc.

Troubleshooting problems often requires logs, detailed reproduction steps, screenshots, etc, which do not lend themselves to the Google Play Store review process.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you want to see comments from others, try doing a search for "viber" - you're not the first person with a problem with this app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz