Can't Load To My SD Card! How Come??

Sandy Gerli

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Everyone!

I have a new Galaxy S3. I've rooted it, and installed a 32GB MicroSD Card. Now, I'm trying to transfer all my music to the SD Card. However, my program (doubleTwist), seems to have tried to load everything to the S3's main memory, which is only 16GB. Of course, since I have 18GB of music, that isn't going to work! I have received a warning in the "STORAGE" section of my Settings which tells me to free up space by deleting data or apps. The "Application Manager" in Settings just chooses tracks, won't delete any.

First, how do I delete the music files that were loaded? More importantly, how do I set the S3 up to transfer all my music data to the SD Card, NOT to the phone's internal memory? I can't seem to figure out how to enable that. The S3 recognizes the SD Card and has formatted it just fine, and says I have 30+GB available space, but nothing has been stored on it.

Also, the transfer I did was terribly slow. Took 10 hours plus to transfer the data that was accepted.

Hope someone can help me with this! I can be reached off-forum at - ac1wye at gmail dot com

Thanks, gang!

Sandy Gerli
Mount Airy NC

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Enable USB Mass Storage, you SD will mount to your PC, copy all music into a music folder, disable USB Mass Storage

To delete media quickly, connect device to PC, open file explorer, find doubletwist folder, or where ever it stored the music, highlight all and delete

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First, how do I delete the music files that were loaded? More importantly, how do I set the S3 up to transfer all my music data to the SD Card, NOT to the phone's internal memory?
For your first question - I'd think there'd be a way to do that from within DoubleTwist: I mean, it would be silly to allow you to install music without being able to remove it. If that doesn't work, though, then you could use any file manager to look for a DoubleTwist directory on sdcard0 - all your music should be in there, so if you delete the directory that should take care of your problem.
Of course, if you want to put that content on your SDCard, then you're better off copying that directory to your SDCard first (or using the "Move" command if your file manager supports it) and THEN deleting it.
For your second question, there should be some way within DoubleTwist to specify the destination for local content (sorry, I'm not a DoubleTwist user so I can't say for sure).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I use ES FILE MANAGER over wifi to access my PC files, and transfer to the phone, or phone to PC transfer.
Just make sure the PC folders are shared.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Enable USB Mass Storage, you SD will mount to your PC, copy all music into a music folder, disable USB Mass Storage

To delete media quickly, connect device to PC, open file explorer, find doubletwist folder, or where ever it stored the music, highlight all and delete

Google did away with Mass Storage with the 4.1.1 ICS update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463