Dark marks

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
On my lock screen and only my lock screen there is like a dark area where it looks like I pressed really hard on the screen and idk why it's there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It's only on the lock screen which is weird. It isn't the picture I don't think I changed it and it still seemed to be like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I remember seeing something about this before. What carrier version of the phone do you have, and what version of Android? Are you rooted? On the stock ROM, or a custom one?

IIRC, it's related to the ripple effect, and only visible on dark backgrounds. Do you have ripple effect turned on? If so, turn it off and see if that fixes it. If your lock screen wallpaper is dark, try a light one and see what happens.

I *think* this is fixed on the latest versions of Android.

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&t running Android Jellybean 4.1.1 .. I am on completely stock unrooted phone
I remember seeing something about this before. What carrier version of the phone do you have, and what version of Android? Are you rooted? On the stock ROM, or a custom one?

IIRC, it's related to the ripple effect, and only visible on dark backgrounds. Do you have ripple effect turned on? If so, turn it off and see if that fixes it. If your lock screen wallpaper is dark, try a light one and see what happens.

I *think* this is fixed on the latest versions of Android.