How many of you still use touchwiz

velijana

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz is pretty good looking, but for me even next launcher is getting annoying after some while. So i change launchers often, using above mentioned next, apex and sometimes turning back to touchwiz :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

EpicInYourFace

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I still use it .There are many launchers available in the play store but it gets all confusing. The original the better.plus its simple to use

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got the phone and new to Android.
I am liking the GS3 and the new to me UI!
Will stick with it for a while (at least until I get up to speed)

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I used for six months and just to be different now I use Nova. But I will go back to touchwiz because I don't find anything wrong with it. I know many people here complain, but I don't see an issue.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Let's be clear. Touchwiz is more than a launcher. All of the special Samsung features (e.g., Smartstay) are part of TW. So while I'm using Nova launcher, I'm also using Touchwiz.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Touchwiz is an extension of android that is built on top of android. It's integrated with android in many ways besides just your launcher. Same is said for Sense or Blur or any other OEM skin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
To give you some input from a dev standpoint. Android needs two core res files to run its gui. Framework-res.apk, and SystemUI.apk. What samsung did was theme the SystemUI apk and provide a TWFramework-res apk. Basically they rearranged the way the gui is displayed to use their TWFramework-res apk instead of the stock one.

Of course there's little extra apps that make up the tw experience as well. I mean OEMs usually theme all of the system apps, the same thing rom developers do to make their rom standout among the crowd. Plus the extra little exclusive features like multiwindow.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't really like Nova.. I don't see why it's so hyped up. I mean it's not bad but TouchWiz runs a lot smoother and is a lot better launcher imo.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I like Nova for the ability to change the grid layout on homescreens and the app drawer, and complete control of the dock and how many pages.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae