rooting phone, removing apps

cgm707

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My mobile service is Cricket and I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-R530C) phone. I would like to remove some of the apps that I do use, such as Google Music, Google Books. To do this, it is my understanding that I need to "root" the phone. Is it possible to find instructions for my specific model phone/mobile carrier? Thanks for any help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My mobile service is Cricket and I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-R530C) phone. I would like to remove some of the apps that I do use, such as Google Music, Google Books. To do this, it is my understanding that I need to "root" the phone. Is it possible to find instructions for my specific model phone/mobile carrier? Thanks for any help.

Those you don't need to root for. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Uninstall any apps that you can
2. Disable any apps that you can't uninstall
3. Ignore all the rest
Unless you know what you're doing, it's just not worth rooting to get rid of a few hundred megabytes of lousy bloatware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1