having issues with connecting phone to pc

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well i am confused, with this issue. well i wanted to put music on my phone and move pics around to put on the desktop, well it kept on freezing up on me with the phone plugged in. so i removed the sd card from the phone stuck it in the pc and it loaded the music (400 songs) in a couple of seconds, compared to 2 min and nothing (phone connected to pc) so i was able to put all the songs i wanted (198 songs added). its time consuming this way but it works umounting the sd card, removing otter box defender, putting files on, putting the sd card back in, then putting the case back on. compared to the way it worked before, get cable plug in phone transfer files.

i havent had this issue, since i had the phone even when it was rooted and running custom rom's. sorry if my post is hard to follow so here is the short version.

problem the sort version
phone connected to pc is slow when trying to load files causing the pc to crash
memory card connected to pc is fast when loading and writing files

the laptop in general is fast and doesnt have any issues loading the 4gb of songs i have on the memory card. and the phone cable is top notch, monster audio cable (the only cable that i buy unless they dont have it)

any ways i hope yall can help me figure this out this one has me scratching my head (i have re-instilled the drivers and it still does it

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
well i am confused, with this issue. well i wanted to put music on my phone and move pics around to put on the desktop, well it kept on freezing up on me with the phone plugged in. so i removed the sd card from the phone stuck it in the pc and it loaded the music (400 songs) in a couple of seconds, compared to 2 min and nothing (phone connected to pc) so i was able to put all the songs i wanted (198 songs added). its time consuming this way but it works umounting the sd card, removing otter box defender, putting files on, putting the sd card back in, then putting the case back on. compared to the way it worked before, get cable plug in phone transfer files.

i havent had this issue, since i had the phone even when it was rooted and running custom ROMs. sorry if my post is hard to follow so here is the short version.

problem the sort version
phone connected to pc is slow when trying to load files causing the pc to crash
memory card connected to pc is fast when loading and writing files

the laptop in general is fast and doesnt have any issues loading the 4gb of songs i have on the memory card. and the phone cable is top notch, monster audio cable (the only cable that i buy unless they dont have it)

any ways i hope yall can help me figure this out this one has me scratching my head (i have re-instilled the drivers and it still does it

You can try downloading Samsung drivers (? since you are posting in the S3 forums) then restarting your PC, different cables or USB ports. Otherwise, sliding your card into your PC is bypassing the cable which will always be a slower data transfer.