- 1 Posts
Error downloading Firmware: "Unsupport dev_type"
Someone please help I'm trying to update Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 for my Samsung Galaxy S3!
I get this error message:
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 I have unlocked the bootloader, I already rooted the phone. Another problem it says System detected this is not authorized software by Verizon Wireless... PLEASE HELP!
- 07-18-2013, 10:09 AM #2
- 6,297 Posts
Re: Error downloading Firmware: "Unsupport dev_type"
You haven't said which specific firmware you're trying to load. Can you provide a link to the file you're trying to flash?
If you attempt to flash firmware that's not intended for your specific model/carrier, bad things can happen, up to and including making the device completely useless.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
- By duyenmhuynh in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2013, 05:01 PM
- By Joe Vile in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 14Last Post: 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
- By Jazzie1111 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2013, 08:52 AM
- By lisadeerest in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM
- By RazzmatazzTheGreat in forum HTC One (M7)Replies: 0Last Post: 07-17-2013, 10:51 PM