My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

pawsaddiction

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

Remember how I was saying the popup to install updated software just would not go away on the refurbed phone? Well, I clicked install by accident and wasn't quick enought removing the battery. So it installed the update.

In download mode, all of the text appears in the upper left .... plus:

Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

What does that mean?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

it does seem to be working fine now outside of the Swype thingy
That's on the original phone, so it's got to go anyway.
Is there a way to post a screenshot pic here from the S3?
I don't use the Android Central app for the forums so I couldn't say; sorry.
Can I send a donation your way as a token of my gratitude?
You can bake a dozen cookies, and then eat them on my behalf!
You're welcome.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

So it installed the update...
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1
What does that mean?
It's okay - you're better off with the update anyway.
That extra items in Download (Odin) mode are just extras that were added by Knox - the 'Warranty Bit: 0' means the phone wasn't rooted.
I'm not sure about the other, other than its obvious relationship to the bootloader.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Vorpal_Droid

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Time to take it in to your local corporate store. It's possible that the battery is dead, but without another one to check with you'll have to let them have a whack at it. Sorry.

I tried a different battery and that didn't seam to be the problem, Verizon sent me a new phone cause they said it was still under warranty, is there any way for me to retrieve anything from my old phone (pictures,music, etc.)?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

is there any way for me to retrieve anything from my old phone (pictures,music, etc.)?
Nope, it's toast. If you were so inclined you could check with a JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/) to see if they could recover the phone and whether your data would be intact, but you're under a time limit to return the old phone once the new one arrives.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Awesome help GSDer has been providing. Woof!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

SarveshDarak

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm facing this same issue..

In Odin .. i selected Auto-reboot & F.Reset time & Selected the firmware.. but when i start then it says.. PIT file missing for mapping..??

Vorpal_Droid

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Nope, it's toast. If you were so inclined you could check with a JTAG service (ex. Samsung Galaxy S III JTAG Brick Repair -) to see if they could recover the phone and whether your data would be intact, but you're under a time limit to return the old phone once the new one arrives.

So i contacted the Jtag repair service, and they said that it sounds like the emmc chip is bad. Any of the options they have would void the warranty, and they couldn't guarantee that they would be able to recover my data from the phone. That really sucks, I wish verizon could repair the device then recover the data and send it to me on a SD card or something. but after talking with a representative she said that once they get the phones that they are all wiped and then tested to see if they work.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

when i start then it says.. PIT file missing for mapping..??
You haven't given us much to go on:
- what model/carrier/region?
- what firmware was your phone on when the problem started?
- did the problem start in the middle of the update to 4.3?
- what file(s) are you trying to load through Odin? (Can you provide a link to the file you downloaded?)
- what version of Odin are you using?
- is there anything else we should know about your phone (rooted? custom Recovery? etc)?

SarveshDarak

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

- Region India
- I guess it was Jellybean 4.1.1
- No, actually phone switched off suddenly & while restarting it got stuck on " Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300" logo..
- I tried loading 4.1.1 & even 4.1.2 ( terafile . co / 989195256843 & terafile . co / 0678f25525f3)
- I tried Odin 1.85 & 3.07
- I had never root the phone..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Very strange - it sounds like you got a bad file download. I just looked on (link removed) and everything looked normal. And Odin v3.07 is what I've been using.

You are selecting PDA in Odin when you load the file (and touching nothing else)?

Edit: can you boot into Recovery mode? You could try clearing the cache, and if nothing else works you could try a Factory Reset. Before doing that, also try pulling the SIM card and SD card (if present).

Last edited:

SarveshDarak

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Very strange - it sounds like you got a bad file download. I just looked on Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3 (this was for INS carrier code - you have to be registered to login) and everything looked normal. And Odin v3.07 is what I've been using.

You are selecting PDA in Odin when you load the file (and touching nothing else)?

Edit: can you boot into Recovery mode? You could try clearing the cache, and if nothing else works you could try a Factory Reset. Before doing that, also try pulling the SIM card and SD card (if present).

That Link which you gave is deleted from Terafile..i had checked both INS & INU carrier code file from Sammobile but both are deleted from terafile

I'm just selecting PDA as you had mentioned earlier in this thread.. No I'm not able to go into recovery mode.. actually i don't mind if the phone is factory reset but the only thing i want that it should start..

ErmonyInspired

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I plugged mine in and it keeps buzzing showing the battery in gray with a arrow circling, and its like its not even charging at all is it a problem with the charger or the phone?

Dianaleeg

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Does it matter if we go under recovery mode or download mode? I was recently on a phone call and as soon as I hung up, the phone turned off completely and would turn back on up until it got to the flashing samsung part then shut off completely. I have tried taking the battery out and reinsterting for a restart and it varies when it shuts off. SOmetimes within a couple of seconds, other times it makes it to my actual homescreen for a couple of moments then shuts off once again. I have a tmobile galaxy 3.

SarveshDarak

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I plugged mine in and it keeps buzzing showing the battery in gray with a arrow circling, and its like its not even charging at all is it a problem with the charger or the phone?

If I try to charge the phone mine is also showing battery in gray with a arrow circling..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

That Link which you gave is deleted from Terafile..i had checked both INS & INU carrier code file from Sammobile but both are deleted from terafile
Well, my bad! I did everything except download the files.

I'll see what else I can dig up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

stubborn girl

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

hey , my galaxy s3 won't turn on .. in morning it was fully charged and i turn off the switch after that .
suddenly its screen colour turns black and after that it doesn't perform any function.
i tried again and again but it doesn't turn on..i really need help ! :(

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

STubborn:

First thing, try pulling the battery, waiting 4 or 5 minutes, then putting it back in and try to power up. Hold the power button down for a bit, not just a quick tap and release.

Laurat Muriqi

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

my s3 just start at the screen with "samsung galaxy s3 gt-19300 " and repeat it again and again , and it stops only when ai take of the battery .
Can someone help me ? What should i do ?