My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

jack murphy

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
This morning I was on my GS3 and I clicked on a game shortcut (megapolis) and was waiting for it to download, as it was downloading the phone froze and then went off. I haven't been able to turn the phone back on again at all, the phone is not responding to anything I try... is there anything I can do?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

Take the battery out for a couple of minutes, put it back and (without turning the phone back on) plug it in to a charger. After a couple of moments you should see the battery graphic, showing the battery charging. Let it charge (regardless of the battery level that it shows) for an hour or so, then try turning it on again and see what happens.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Camman101

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

it says its charging but nothing is happening with it and it it only like buzzes when i try to turn it on and stuff...Ugh i really need help..i have taken the bat out and all and waited and nothing..It says its charging so ill wait..what do i do if it doesnt turn on?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Camman101,
Can you try booting into Recovery mode (with the phone completely off, press the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously and release them all when you see the splash screen)? If that works you can try clearing the cache and then reboot.
If the phone just buzzes, can you take the battery out, try turning the phone on, then put the battery back in and try it again.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Natallya Avancini

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I've tried all of that and yet it still doesn't work. It acts like it's turning on but stays on the same screen as if it were turning on with the 4G and the circle lights around out. I've been trying to take out the battery and leave it out then turn it back on and charge it for a bit while turned off and nothings working. I've been trying everything all day

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Natallya,
If you tried Recovery mode unsuccessfully then it's time to reload the firmware on your phone.
You can use the Kies software on your PC to do that. If you need help just let us know.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

have you tried a factory reset from within recovery mode? If not, try that before reloading your ROM.

Leidy Fajardo

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Hello, My samsung galaxy is not turning on, it did several times and now it wont turned on!
I put it to charge for about an hour the other day and it worked but it still turned off and came back on again !
I dont know what to do i bought i new battery cause i thought that was the problem!
but is not... i erased most of the apps i didnt need cause i thought that could be the problem ...

Please help ??????:-\:'(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Raja,
If we assume that you are familiar with Recovery mode and Download mode and how to get into them correctly, and your phone won't boot into Download mode, then you're SOL. (If you're not really sure how to do that you need to let us know and someone can post a link to the instructions.)

I saw a guy that advertised JTAG services - that would be about your only option. Sorry.

Leidy,
If you take the battery out, wait a couple of minutes and then put it back in, and then plug in the charger, you should see a graphic showing the battery charging. You'll want to wait until it's at least 50% charged before attempting to turn the phone on. You should try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the cache. Then restart the phone and see if it boots normally.

If it doesn't, you can boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Reset and see if that clears up your problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

phreakprincess

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Mine has the same issue, only two weeks old and one day just randomly shut off and now i cant get it to do anything. It will not charge with or without the battery, I cant even get it to boot into recovery. Any ideas?:-\

Crystal Cotterill

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I've tried the recovery method and still nothing, my phone hasn't switched on for about 10-15 hours I've attempted to leave the battery out for an hour or so to see if any difference and nothing, I've also tried to charge it more. I've just plugged into my laptop and nothing has happened whatsoever my laptop hasn't even recognised that it is plugged in, any ideas on what to do now?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Crystal,
Can you boot into Download mode? (With the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and when you see the splash screen release them all.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4