Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

my wife upgraded phones so I was going to use her s3 since I cracked my screen on my nexus. Phone was fine up until the day she upgraded.. the phone lost charge and never re-charged... Had a friend charge the battery to 100% and check the battery in their phone worked fine. when you insert the battery the phone does show the Samsung splash screen with out the power button pushed.. phone does not show the battery graphic with charger connected...
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

Quote Originally Posted by TAL73a View Post
    when you insert the battery the phone does show the Samsung splash screen with out the power button pushed
    This makes it sound like the problem is with a stuck Power button (or the actual Power switch on the mainboard).

You can try what's shown in this video - if that doesn't help then smacking it firmly against the palm of your hand or a similar firm surface may do the trick.

At worst you may have to have the Power switch replaced.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    TAL73a 
    TAL73a likes this.

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

my mob is galaxy y and it turns on to the samsung logo and dont go any more !! what can i do !! i tryed to clear the cash and reboot but clearing the cash wasnt one of my options !!

Thanks GSDer... my phone booted and works fine now...

My samsung phone won't turn on I tried everything I'm so worried. Don't know what to do

Please help me😢😟😥

Morining,
    I have a problem with my samsung galaxy s3 too. yesterday i have finished a call and it went black. i have try to start it and i can see the logo of samsung and it goes off. it start at the same time and goes off and that process will continue on and on and on. please help. what can i do.

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by junirast View Post
    it start at the same time and goes off and that process will continue on and on and on.
    This sounds like the "stuck Power button" problem. The first thing to do is to remove the battery and then reinsert it - if the phone turns itself on (without you pressing the Power button) then you'll have to investigate that issue.
    It could be that the Power button (the little plastic piece that we press on) got jammed, or that the actual Power switch on the mainboard is malfunctioning.
    For the former you can try or you may have to open up the back and see if it's gunked up.
    For the latter you may have to unscrew the chassis and clean the actual Power switch or replace it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Any ideas, I recently upgraded phones and I'm looking to sell my old gs3. But I had put a costom Rom on it awhile back but during the process at one point I ran into the same problem with the logo screen but I fixed it (I completely forget how) and that was that untill recently when I attempted to return the phone to stock by updating it to 4.3 with kies and that was fine it wasn't until I ran a master reboot that the logo problem resurfaced at that point I tryed to use Odin to flash stock firmware which after doing further research was a terrible idea to do with 4.3 but that's where I'm at my phone does not boot up past the Samsung logo luckily I can still access the dowload mode. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

UPDATE:I tryed flashing the root 66. I did the newest 4.3 tmobile download i could find which is what fixed it when this happened about a year ago but this time it did nothing. Also when i boot into recovery mode at the bottom under where it says Seccessfully applied multi-CSC it says in red lettering

E;failed to mount /data (Invalid argumen
    t)
    can't mount '/data'(invalid argument)
    E;failed to mount /data (Invalid argumen
    t)
    E;Can't mount /data/log/recovery_log.txt

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca Ileana View Post
    it says in red lettering
    It's a good sign that it still boots into Recovery mode. Have you tried clearing the system cache and performing a Factory Reset?

Hopefully the firmware that you're using is this one.

When Odin completed were there any errors in the log?

Thanked by:
    Luca Ileana likes this.

Yes i have cleared the cache and done a factory reset and no thats not the download i did should i do that one and see if it works. no there where no error logs it said "passed!"

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

Well, the firmware that I referenced was the latest version on that site (which is usually up-to-date). However I don't think that loading it will fix your problem - I don't believe the stock firmware overwrites the /data partition. If you had a rooted device and custom recovery software it would be easy to format /data. I thought the stock Recovery software would reformat /data when you performed a Factory Reset - I'm not sure why you're still encountering that error message.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910