Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

my s3 isnt working the screen stays black yet the phone turns on and off lights up and makes noises any ideas?

OMG that actually worked my sons screen wouldn't even come on it would just vibrate I did exactly like the man said in the video and it came on completely!! Thank you so much!!

There is a video on here where a man says to hit the phone on the side you have to watch it and do it correctly it just fixed my sons phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rich1009 View Post
    any ideas?
    Yes - try reading through all of the posts in this thread (including the ones about smacking your phone around ) and see if any of the suggestions apply to your situation.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

no as i said phone turns on i get the notification lights and all except the screen working its completely black no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rich1009 View Post
    except the screen working its completely black no life at all.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

How do I clear the cache

Quote Originally Posted by nicole Moncada View Post
    How do I clear the cache
    Information about Recovery mode and Download mode:
    - you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
    - you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
    - the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
    -- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
    -- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
    - for either, you start with the phone completely off
    - press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)

Once you boot into Recovery mode, use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select and just clear the cache and then restart.

Just tried to turm my samsung 3 on and like a lot of others out there
    NOTHING! My tablet is always charged! This is so fraustrating !! Was super happy with this product, now i feel riped off!! If so many of us are having the same issue !! Then its not rocket science to assume this is a manufacturing error !! Somebody in coprate needs to get off their high horse and call a RE-CALL !! Please excuse the spelling mistakes !! Its hard to text
    Correctly when your seeing RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Cain View Post
    Just tried to turm my samsung 3 on and like a lot of others out there
    NOTHING!
    I'd like to help you!
    But I can't tell if you have a Samsung Galaxy S3 or a tablet!!
    I also can't tell if you've tried taking the battery out!!!
    You don't mention what happens when you connect a charger!!!!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

i am also having the same problem with my samsung galaxy core. Ive tried the recovery mode and it doesnt come on either. it wont connect to kies because it says its not supported. Already taken out the battery and waited then put it back please help me out

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Sunkwa-Mills View Post
    Ive tried the recovery mode and it doesnt come on either.
    Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried Download mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys!

My wife was using her phone (Galaxy S3) and all of a sudden it just died. I've taken the battery out and put it back in again, swapped it with my battery (same phones) tried my charger and her charger, tried to boot to safe mode and all other methods, tried accessing area where you can clear cache, partitions etc but nothing. Phone stays completely black with no loading screen or anything. Cannot get into any other screens as phone simply doesn't turn on.

My wife is really upset about this as the phone had images of her pregnancy week by week on it and typically these images weren't backed up. Does the hitting the phone power button side down actually work? If it doesn't is there anyway of extracting the data (images) from the memory on the phone or is this lost now also. Really annoying as we are only about a month away from phone update date with Tmobile uk. Any help would be really appreciated.

Last night my Galaxy S3 went off after a call and wouldn't turn on. I charged it overnight and it still won't turn. on. Is my battery dead already after only 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol HM View Post
    I charged it overnight and it still won't turn. on.
    Welcome to the forums!

By 'won't turn on' do you mean that it doesn't boot fully, or that nothing happens at all (no vibration, no LED, no screen)?

Have you tried removing the battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it?

With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see anything on the screen?

im having a very similar problem, my phone wont turn on easily i turn it on it goes to power on and shuts off again sometimes it will make it to the splash screen most of the times it wont. I noticed if i tap it off my knee while turning it on it goes farther into turn on sometimes i can even get it to turn on completely and use it but the second the screen goes black it turns off again and back to square one. it almost reminds me of like a old laptop when the hard drive goes and you can hit it to get the hard drive to work. idk if this is fixable or not ive never dropped it and its been in a armor otterbox. it just randomly happened that it wont turn on although i did notice it was turning off on its own a few times lately almost acting like the battery is dead when it isnt. i switched batterys but that didnt help

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Rolando View Post
    i did notice it was turning off on its own a few times
    Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like there may be a problem with the Power switch. The easiest way to confirm this is to take the phone out of the case, remove the back and pull the battery for a couple of minutes. Then, without pressing any buttons, reinsert the battery - if the phone powers up on its own, either the actual Power switch on the mainboard is defective or the Power button (the little plastic piece that we press on) is somehow jammed.

you can keep dipping the battery in and out for a few mins till it gets some charge and then remove the charger, put it into recovery and do as the other guy says

This really worked! I banged my phone on the button side after taking the battery out. After it booted up I turned it off, removed battery and sprayed some WD40 within the buttn area. THANK YOU!

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsjshad View Post
    sprayed some WD40 within the buttn area
    Um, it's not a good idea to use WD-40 inside electronics - the WD-40 will conduct electricity to undesired places. You really want to turn the phone off immediately; remove the battery; and purchase electronic contact cleaner and spray that anywhere that you see WD-40 residue.

If for some reason you can't do that you should at least wipe up any residue that you see.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678